UKC

FS: Specialized Tricross.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Richard Carter 19 Jul 2013
I'm selling a Specialized Tricross.

It's like this one...
http://www.specialized.co.uk/gb/gb/bikes/archive/2009/tricross/tricrossspor...

With the following changes.
1. The handebars were swapped for Prolite 'Abductor' Carbon/Alu bars
2. The shifters were replaced with 105 (5700) shifters
3. The cassette was replace with a 12-30 10 speed
4. It has mudguards fitted

It was previously used as a road bike but then I got a proper road bike so it was of no use to me. I made the modifications listed above then gave it to my wife as a present. She rode it 5 miles then decided cycling wasn't for her. So the gear cables will need adjustment after a little while because they'll stretch and stuff.

Cosmetically there's hardly a mark on it. I'll be taking some pictures later today and I'll link them in on here.

If you have any questions please just give me a shout.

Richard
 Escher 19 Jul 2013
In reply to Richard Carter: Size?

Ah yes, it's 56cm.
 rallymania 19 Jul 2013
In reply to Richard Carter:

how wmuch?
In reply to rallymania:

I have no idea what it's worth with its new shifters/cassette/handlebars.
I'm open to offers tho
 Fraser 19 Jul 2013

I have the model down from this and it's brilliant - highly recommended.

Oh and....bump.
 the sheep 22 Jul 2013
In reply to Fraser:
As above, great bike. Brilliant commute machine, loves dirt track, tow path and road. Would snap this up but already have one!
 mattc 23 Jul 2013
In reply to Richard Carter: Where are you based
sleepy_steve 25 Jul 2013
Hey,

Where abouts are you based? I interested, but does really depend on the price you are after.

Steve
In reply to mattc:

North Yorkshire, near Middlesbrough.
In reply to sleepy_steve:

Don't really know how much to ask for to be honest. It's pretty much in mint condition having only done low mileage. I only upgraded the shifters/cassette/chain/handlebars because I was bored one day and wanted to make it as good as I could to get my wife into cycling :-P

If youre anywhere nearby feel free to come have a look/kick the tyres, etc. Can always go out for a ride if you want to test it, I'll take any excuse to get out on my bike
 fk2005 26 Jul 2013
I have a 2010 Tricross I've not modified. If I hadn't mashed it up a bit, I'd say it'd be worth £400. You've stuck nice 105s on rather than the clunky Tiagra it comes with (and done some other stuff I don't quite understand, but it sounds good), so I'd have thought you should ask for £500.

Forgot to mention, it has two new tyres. Continental TourRide 32mm.
Nothing too exciting or anything, my wife just wouldn't ride it with skinny tyres and these were all I could get from my LBS on the day.
 fk2005 27 Jul 2013
In reply to Richard Carter: So if you add up the purchase price, the price of all the upgrades, and discount the whole thing by about 40%, that's probably the right ballpark? Must say if I didn't already have one I'd want it!
In reply to fk2005:

Decided to let the market decide and put it on eBay
God help me posting the beast to wherever the buyer is from!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...