UKC

Route on the 1st Sella tower

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kingjam 19 Jul 2013
Hi

Trying to remember a name of a route I did on the 1st sella tower many year back , it was around a V and finished up a wide gap that you needed too bridge up for about 10 metres.

Any ideas what it might be ( impressive give the vague description )?

Thanks

LucaC 19 Jul 2013
In reply to kingjam: The Trenker is the famous V on the first tower, sounds like it could be that, with a bridging section on it.
OP kingjam 19 Jul 2013
In reply to kingjam:

Had a look around on the net and althpough teh trenker firts the description not sure its that either , possibly the kostner although the grade (III+)feels odd . It was about 4-5 pitches in length crux was pitch 3/4
 SiWood 19 Jul 2013
In reply to kingjam:

I think there is a route I have done to the right of the Trenker that fits your description. The top pitch goes up a chimney with wide bridging then moves onto the face on right side of said chimney. From memory the lower pitches are disjointed cracks trending up an right (?? was about 14 years ago for me as well!) - cant remember the route name though
OP kingjam 19 Jul 2013
In reply to SiWood:

Yep thats sounds exactly right , was my first route in the dolomites
OP kingjam 19 Jul 2013
In reply to kingjam:

Im sure the routes was in one of the classic guide books and in german
Removed User 19 Jul 2013
In reply to kingjam:

Its not the Trenker, that is further right looking in. Its the Kamin Furher. I was in the Dollies a couple of weeks ago and did not do this route but some of the other people with me did it. I have done it a couple of times beofre.

There are about three routes that go up to the "leap of faith" a couple of grade 4 routes and the Kamin Furher which is 5-.

I dont think its in the 100 classics but its in the newer guide book that is puplished in German and italian.

Cheers,

Gary.
OP kingjam 19 Jul 2013
In reply to kingjam:
thats defo it many thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...