Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Cam advice (too many of same sizes I think?)

martinph78 on 19 Jul 2013
Hi all,

I've just received a set of new cams (Helium 0.5, 1.5, 2.5) as a birthday present, giving me 12 cams but only 6 different sizes.

The Helium 1.5 and 2.5 are the same sizes as my DMM Dragon 2 & 3, and I already have two old 0.5's.

The Dragon 4 and old 0.5 friends get used more than any other size. I don't need three, but would be happy to loose the oldest and keep the Helium if two is useful?

I also have a set of older flexible friends in 1, 1.5 & 2.5 that I sometimes add to my rack, but rarely.

Anyway, 12 is obviously way to many cams. I climb mostly North East Sandstone, Whin Sill, and Lake District classics when I get over there.

I am looking to push my grades above HVS now (recently added some micro wires to my rack) and wonder if smaller cams might compliment the micro wires?

Do you reckon it's worth doubling up on some sizes (ie WC 0.5, 1, 1.5 & 2.5) or would you sell some to fund the purchase of other sizes (or just to reduce the number!).

I reckon a Dragon 6 and WC 0 might be more useful?

Cheers, Martin
... not showing 12 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums