UKC

Damage to stepping stones at Cadshaw Castle Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jtjenkins 20 Jul 2013
Spotted a man with two kids whilst removing rocks from the stepping stones and lobbing them into the stream at Cadshaw Castle Rocks. I had a word with the man and his was ignorant of the damage continued with what he was doing and verbally abusive throughout. Be careful going over the stepping stones when the water rises. As they maybe unsteady. The Man eventually stopped when his child's foot got stuck in the rocks. along with two other groups stopping and talking to him.

More info and video footage available!
 goose299 20 Jul 2013
In reply to jtjenkins:
Shame the kid got his foot out. There' just no need for it. Well done for having words
Out of interest, how were the midges? I remember them being horrendous when I was there last year
 Mark Collins 20 Jul 2013
In reply to goose299:
> Out of interest, how were the midges? I remember them being horrendous when I was there last year

I went a couple of weeks ago, and they were a nightmare. Immediate U-turn and off to the nearest pub.
 goose299 20 Jul 2013
In reply to Mark Collins:
I've only been once. Managed to stand it for a few routes but got out of there pretty sharpish.
OP jtjenkins 21 Jul 2013
In reply to goose299: Cheers it would have been wrong not too. The midges weren't out to play perfect conditions.
 goose299 21 Jul 2013
In reply to jtjenkins:
awesome, may try and pop down this week then
 Neil Conway 21 Jul 2013
In reply to goose299:

Was there on Friday, no issue with midges but the horseflies were biting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...