Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Children of working age paying board?

TheDrunkenBakers - on 22 Jul 2013
Hey all,

My eldest, who isnt particularly academic has gone into work. She's 18 next week and has a regular job. My wife and I are discussing the prospect of her paying board. I dont know her monthly income so cant really set a percentage.

I always paid board as a youngster when i was at home and uni so i come at it from a certain perspective and believe that as a legal adult she should now pay her way, something silly like 20-25 per week. My wife is not so sure.

I would be less persuaded in the board but she actually does little at home. She rarely babysits for us with her sisters and the cleaning if her room/ensuite is random at best. She sometiimes cooks and helps around the home but its random at best.

Dont get me wrong though, she is a lovely girl and far from the stereotypical angst ridden scumbag teenager. Shes just a bit self centred and lazy (as a teenager i wasnt although i know many are).

Straw poll, who would charge (and who has) and who wouldnt?
... not showing 91 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums