UKC

One Man Tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EliC 24 Jul 2013
Hi,
was just looking for some advice regarding a good but relatively cheap one man tent,looking to spend under £100 as wont be using it a lot, just need it for over night ocassionaly. A nice small, easy to pitch tent would be ideal.
Cheers
 winhill 24 Jul 2013
In reply to CrimpShrimp:

Tempted by this but I bought the argos ones a couple of years ago.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-soloista-p217173
 stonemaster 24 Jul 2013
In reply to winhill: Aye, fine bit of kit, should have bought 2 when one had the chance.
 Welsh Kate 24 Jul 2013
In reply to stonemaster:
Looks more of a bivvy tent than a proper tent, would you be able to sit up in it, it's only got 64cm of headroom in the inner?

WC Zephyros 1 for £85 from Sports Direct.
 stonemaster 24 Jul 2013
In reply to Welsh Kate: Agreed, only bivvy tent. No need to sit up, just to get throught the night. Light and easy to pitch when one needs something more than a tarp or bivvy bag. But then, one is a shorty...
 martinph78 24 Jul 2013
In reply to Welsh Kate: That's really cheap, especially if you price match it with GO, that'll be £76.50!!
 RomTheBear 24 Jul 2013
WC Zephyros 1 is a good call, but beware this is a light summer tent, won't stand a chance in a storm.
 RomTheBear 24 Jul 2013
If not get a bivy bag
 rj_townsend 24 Jul 2013
In reply to RomTheBear:
> WC Zephyros 1 is a good call, but beware this is a light summer tent, won't stand a chance in a storm.

I agree that the WC Zephyros 1 is a good call. I bought the slightly larger Zephyros 2 late last year and have been very pleased. I disagree about it being summer-only though - mine stood up to a fair wind/rain pounding in the Lakes earlier this year, and withstood it easily (no leaks, no serious folding-over).

My only comment is that the pegs are crap - I'd suggest replacing with something stronger.
 Neil Pratt 24 Jul 2013
In reply to rj_townsend:

Second that about the Zephyros - packet of pegs from Alpkit should sort that out though.
 rj_townsend 24 Jul 2013
In reply to Neil Pratt:
> (In reply to rj_townsend)
>
> Second that about the Zephyros - packet of pegs from Alpkit should sort that out though.

That was exactly my solution too!
 wilkesley 24 Jul 2013
In reply to RomTheBear:
> WC Zephyros 1 is a good call, but beware this is a light summer tent, won't stand a chance in a storm.

Mine (Zeph 2) stood up OK in 50mph wind. Couldn't sleep because of the flapping, but tent didn't collapse!
In reply to Welsh Kate:

As you know, the Zephyros 2 has its own little fan club on OM:

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/forum/gear/zephyros-owners-thread/46381-24.htm...

The thread has 100k+ hits for only 470+ posts; must be one of the highest hit:post ratios I can think of.
 Welsh Kate 24 Jul 2013
In reply to captain paranoia:
Yes. If I didn't have a laser comp, I'd look very seriously at the Zephyros.
 rj_townsend 24 Jul 2013
In reply to Welsh Kate: In a new-found episode of geekiness, I have just discovered that there are now Lite versions of the Zephyros tents as well. £180ish for the larger one, weighing in at 1.15kg.
 TobyA 24 Jul 2013
In reply to winhill: I tried lying in one and found it oppressively small and I'm only just a touch under 5'10". Big fellas need not apply I suspect.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...