UKC

Shout out to Dinas Mot climbers at The Nose - Monday 22.07

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sebbo 25 Jul 2013
My friend and climbing partner Grant had a bad fall while climbing on The Nose at Dinas Mot, Llanberis Pass on Monday 22nd July.
This is purely a shout out to all the climbers that thankfully were in the area and were quick and keen to assist with his rescue - I can only imagine how much more of a nightmare this incident would've been without their help. Trying to secure/comfort/stabilise Grant and contact emergency services and mrt single handed would've been horrendous. I'm a bit sketchy on names but I think it was Jack & Matt/Will?; Keith; Simon and his girlfriend (big thanks again for taking the time to retrieve our ropes and gear still on the wall - apologies for putting you off Superdirect!); and of course the Llanberis MRT who were there in about half an hour and did a fantastic job stabilising Grant and getting him airlifted to Bangor hospital.
Grant unfortunately sustained complex fractures of tibia & fibula but has had his lower leg braced in Bangor hospital and is en route back to Nottingham shortly where they hope to operate later today to patch it back together. He's in good spirits (might be something to do with the morphine) and dealing with it really well. Take care out there folks.
 Malt_Loaf 25 Jul 2013
In reply to sebbo: Sounds like a nasty situation; glad you had people around! I hope your friend makes a speedy recovery.

ML.
 simonp 25 Jul 2013
In reply to sebbo:
Hi Seb,

I've just mailed you re: getting Grant's gear back to you.

Take care,
cheers,
Simon
 Craigyboy13 25 Jul 2013
In reply to sebbo: Which part of super direct did it happen on???

I hope your friend has a Speedy recovery!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...