/ 'With Trees' by Dav Thomas - Book Review

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Douglas Griffin - on 26 Jul 2013
A review by Tim Parkin of Dav Thomas' recently-published book 'With Trees' is now available to read on the latest issue of 'On Landscape', it's in the 'Free to View' section so no subscription required.
http://www.onlandscape.co.uk/2013/07/with-trees/

It contains photos from many locations which will probably be familiar to people on UKC, particularly the Peak District and the Lake District.

I got my copy of the book a couple of weeks ago and it's every bit as good as the review suggests. A real work of art.
Just a bhoy - on 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Douglas Griffin:

Nice looking stuff.

Ever seen Mionsi Forest by Josef Sudek? Worth a look.

As an aside, I take it Tir a'Mhurain is out of print now as the prices quoted on Amazon were eye watering, think I paid about 22 a couople of years back, same with Un Paese.
Douglas Griffin - on 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Just a bhoy:

Nope, not seen that one! Will look it up.

Tir a' Mhurain cost me 11.52, including postage, for a brand new copy (2002 edition - still in the plastic wrapping). One of the best bargains I think I have ever had.

Having just had a quick look at Amazon, I'm not quite what happened there because it's now quoting 70+ for a second-hand copy!
Just a bhoy - on 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Douglas Griffin:

Nice one.

Sudek's photos are a bit on the "dark" side. Not initially pretty but a lot of it's to do with his life experiences. Kind on the same lines as McCullins's Open Skies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.