UKC

How am I doing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dutybooty 26 Jul 2013
So, really basic question, but I don't really have anyone to ask about this.

Been running about 2 and a half weeks.

The other day I did 18.1k with 390m of ascent and descent. Mixed terrain from tarmac, through gravel paths, through scrambling on rocks and plain grass hills.

Took me 2 hours 25 minutes.

Hows this for a time? Am I hugely unfit and trying to punch above my weight too soon?

The New NickB 26 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

You are doing alright to be able run 11+ miles with only a few weeks running, it's not terribly fast, but speed is terrain dependant so it is hard to say exactly how fast or slow it is. What are you looking to get out of it?
 Run_Ross_Run 26 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty:
Looks good.
Out with the running club and we did a 14.5km, same ascent, in circa 2 hrs. Including regrouping so not bad if youve only been doing it a while.
Throw some speed sessions in in a few weeks time and see how you feel.
OP dutybooty 26 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty: I started to get fit for alpine climbing, but am really enjoying it and once I'm more fit I'd like to do sort of proper hill walks, running if that makes sense?

What do you mean by speed sessions? I'm completely new to the whole programmed training thing, in fact, I'm not programmed at the moment, just getting bored and going on a run once a week
 Banned User 77 26 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty: if 1 x a week.. no point in track/speed work.. just run 2-3 times / week..
 Run_Ross_Run 26 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty:
Dont just run because ur bored. Hopefully you'll run because u enjoy it.

If you run on the road/pavement then use the lamp posts as markers and up the pace between them. Poss sprint one recovery jog two then repeat. As you get fitter increase the sprint decrease the jog.
I was slow (still am) and it helped me speed up a bit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...