UKC

North east Greenland - video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark123 28 Jul 2013
Here's my 2nd amateurish video of my April- May 2113 expedition to the southern Stauning Alps in North east Greenland. Magnificent scenery and so much climbing potential!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN6k7ostH9c&feature=share

This one includes views, while on foot, skis or by light plane, of the southern Stauning Alps, Jameson Land mountains, Liverpool Land Mountains, Scoresbysund Fjord and some musk oxen (to make up for my lack of any polar bears sightings - although maybe just as well!)
 AndyP 03 Aug 2013
In reply to Mark123: Really enjoyed that Mark. Greenland is a special place, I hope to get back one day.
If you're looking for some mountaineering literature on Greenland (albeit about the west coast) then read Kurt Diemburger's book. He captures the spirit of the place quite well.
Cheers, Andy
OP Mark123 04 Aug 2013
In reply to AndyP: Thanks for the comment, and the Kurt Diemburger info. I never knew he climbed in Greenland, I associate him with his incredible ascents of 8000m peaks. I'll look out for Diemburger's book, it will be great to read his account of Greenland - and also K2, and 1st ascents of Broad Peak, Dhaulagiri, etc. What a climbing life he has had!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...