UKC

Broad hill bouldering leicestershire - problem names

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 crazy pierre 30 Jul 2013
Hi,

A mate and I have been exploring broad hill in Leicestershire following an article in Climber magazine. We can't find any precedence for problem names in any guidebooks or Internet sources. Would anyone know where to find any information on the area?

Cheers,

Andy
 Gavin 30 Jul 2013
In reply to crazy pierre:

You have probably seen this? http://www.leicesterclimbs.f9.co.uk/CademanI.htm It is a few years since I have climbed in Leicestershire but a lot of these places are left for people to discover themselves as they are really only minor venues of interest to locals and a lot was climbed before naming boulder problems became fashionable. The best you'll probably find is a description of a line (arete, face etc) and grade.

Gavin
 phleppy 30 Jul 2013
In reply to crazy pierre: There is a lot more interest in Leicestershire, there isn't anything to go off at the moment but here are a few problems that may help you out until something is done.

vimeo.com/49646457
OP crazy pierre 30 Jul 2013
Thanks guys
 Louis_Cowell 01 Aug 2013
In reply to crazy pierre: try this web page mate, nothing about routes on broad hill but a lot of information of routes, areas and some access info about other locations in leicestershire. I've done some climbing at beacon hill and it's a nice place for a short day out. Hope you get some inspiration from this. Safe climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...