UKC

creamfields festival

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
skarabrae 30 Jul 2013
hi all, i have 2 creamfields tickets up for grabs, bought them for my partner & her daughter, but they cant make it now.
they are the 3 day hospitality camping tickets, they give you access to the posh camping area with vip lounges, posh showers n all the nice amenities.

if interested e-mail me via ukc.
skarabrae 31 Jul 2013
In reply to skarabrae: bump
 Milesy 31 Jul 2013
Is that still on the go? I went there over a decade ago back when Cream was still on the go.
In reply to Milesy: Ha, memory lane.
I went to Cream once, too many fluffy bras and strange dressed men for my liking. I was more of a HelterSkelter, Dreamscape, World Dance kinda guy.

Although, that was many, many, many etc years ago. The wife wouldn't let her almost 38 year old father of three daughters go raving any more. Shame, i think i have one more creaky rave left in me.
 Enty 31 Jul 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:
> (In reply to Milesy) Ha, memory lane.
>
>
> Although, that was many, many, many etc years ago. The wife wouldn't let her almost 38 year old father of three daughters go raving any more. Shame, i think i have one more creaky rave left in me.

I still get let out occasionally. I'll let you know when the next do is.
Last boxing day I did do the Electric Chair end of season riot. Forgot I wasn't 21 anymore and nearly killed myself

E
 Milesy 31 Jul 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:
> (In reply to Milesy) Ha, memory lane.
> I went to Cream once, too many fluffy bras and strange dressed men for my liking. I was more of a HelterSkelter, Dreamscape, World Dance kinda guy.
>
> Although, that was many, many, many etc years ago. The wife wouldn't let her almost 38 year old father of three daughters go raving any more. Shame, i think i have one more creaky rave left in me.

I went to things like Rezerection, Fantazia etc up in Scotland in the mid 90s as a Teenager and often underager. 98 I broke away from the rave scene and discovered Trance as it was hitting its peak. Cream, Godskitchen, Gatecrasher, Inside Out etc. Paul Oakenfold, Seb Fontaine and Paul van dyk etc! Cream had closed in Glasgow and was in its death throws in Liverpool by this time though.

At 32 I still have some in me. Can't be bothered with festivals any more but still manage out to techno events and clubs fairly often.
 JuneBob 31 Jul 2013
In reply to skarabrae:
Hehe, at 37 I went to the Melt! festival the weekend before last; fabulous stuff. Went out clubbing in Berlin on the Thursday night before too. It isn't that hard - just bounce about a bit for a few hours. 4 consecutive nights of jumping up & down to some great music - seemed like it had worked out ok. Until I got back, then I got ill and was out of action for 5 days. Maybe I'm not quite up to it anymore
 Jon Stewart 31 Jul 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> (In reply to TheDrunkenBakers)

> At 32 I still have some in me. Can't be bothered with festivals any more but still manage out to techno events and clubs fairly often.

Since this thread has turned into "how old is too old"...

I think I was 32 when I last went out clubbing and it all seemed a bit sh!t. At 34, I doubt I ever will again. Which is kind of a shame, 'cause there's still techno that I really like and would love to go out dancing to if it wasn't in a club full of youngsters with haircuts snorting plant food. I could probably still enjoy something like Sonar by Day, but the big night time rave might be a bit much.

Here's a bit of classy, 'mature' techno for the over-30s* anyhow:

https://soundcloud.com/k7-records/the-brandt-brauer-frick-5

*I am taking the piss, and I suspect that most of the over-30s would prefer something more nostalgic. People in their 20s are also welcome to enjoy this great track.
skarabrae 31 Jul 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: hi guys, thanx for the bumps
@ 43 (closing on 44) im definately to old to be raving now!!
my misses has realised that she too cant be arsed with crazy ravers, even tho she had her heart set on finally seeing tiesto, anyway its getting late....now where did i put my teeth & cocoa
 Milesy 31 Jul 2013
Tiesto should retire anyway. Long peaked a long time ago. I saw Tiesto 13 years ago multiple times and even then he was morphing into the "superstar dj" and long ago lost the magic of DJing.
 JuneBob 01 Aug 2013
In reply to skarabrae:
btw - if any of you guys get a chance to see flying lotus live, take it, he puts on a great show.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...