UKC

Nepal Extreme Re-Sole

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gav M 01 Aug 2013

Looking for recommendations of boot resoling companies. The standard of workmanship is more important than price.

Any words of resoling wisdom appreciated.
 The Lemming 01 Aug 2013
In reply to Gav M:

Feet First are the place to go. From what I remember Feet First are the official repair outfit for the company that imports Nepal Extremes, Lyon Equipment. Or at least that is what Lyon Equipment told me when I asked them for recommendations to get my boots re-soled in 2009.

I have had a few rock boots and my own Nepal's resoled by Feet First and I have to say that their Customer Service was exemplary.

The only problem is that Feet First are reliant on La Sportiva supplying them with the sole units for the boots. back when I wanted my boots done, I had to wait till Feet First got a shipment from Italy.

You can go with other companies that will put generic vibram soles on your boots, but in my opinion, that would be a waste of a good pair of boots.

I had heard of some horror stories that getting your boots resoled would change the shape and fit of your boots. I have to say that my experiences were the complete opposite. The workmanship was excellent and the resole did not affect the feel or shape of my boots. In fact it was like getting a brand new pair of boots, with the bonus of them being broken in for me.

Going off the resole that I had done in 2009 and the fact that I've owned my boots since 1997, I most definitely would recommend Feet First to do the work.

They are not cheap, but then neither are the boots.

http://www.feetfirst.resoles.co.uk/
 Flashy 02 Aug 2013
In reply to The Lemming: Had my Nepal Extremes resoled by Feet First twice, no problems and pretty quick service. Interested to read that it's possible to change the fit of the boots, as the plastic midsole shouldn't be touched, just the rubber which is cut off and replaced. Not like getting a pair of shoes done where the stitching gets redone and you need to do it on a last.

I've seen resoles peel off in the past so if you can avoid doing it just before a big trip; give it a few days out to bed in and make sure it's firm.
OP Gav M 02 Aug 2013
In reply to Flashy:

THanks for the tips, will get in touch with Feet First
 CurlyStevo 02 Aug 2013
In reply to Gav M:
I've had problems with these resoles using feet first they have always rectified the problems though.

When replacing the midsole I've had that not stay well stuck to the boot, I've also had the rubber not stick well to the mid sole.

I've had similar issues with rock boot resoles at nearly all the major resolers. That said in general the resole will work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...