UKC

Simonside bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
siobhan66 03 Aug 2013
Have you been and what did you think?
 petegunn 03 Aug 2013
In reply to siobhan66:
There are some excellent problems spread over a large area. You can work your way round so that you can take in several venues i.e. Potts buttress, Old stell crag and Dove crag, or just head for Ravensheugh taking in some problems at simonside. Some problems can be a liitle gritty but if you enjoy peaceful senic bouldering its a grand day out.
siobhan66 03 Aug 2013
In reply to petegunn:
Thanks for that. I am just interested to know how other people have experienced it. Went there yesterday..a lovely day but very windy and quite a long walk in not so great with big bouldering mats! Maybe we just went on the wrong day ...very spread out indeed and it doesn't look like much bouldering goes on there at all, quite a lot of lichenous rock and no sign of much activity. The guide suggested you could do a circuit ....I wonder what time you would need to start out to get anything done!! It's a beautiful location as you say but not sure we'll be racing back any time soon.
 phleppy 03 Aug 2013
In reply to siobhan66: I didn't do many problems but I had a good day when I went, did a few excellent routes on the north buttress aswell, it was winter when I visited so a few damp bits but i'd definitely go back. I also combined dove crag & garleigh on a different occasion which i'd recommend.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...