UKC

Churnet conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tombeasley 03 Aug 2013
Thinking of heading to Churnet tomorrow is it going to be worth it?
 Jams 04 Aug 2013
In reply to tombeasley: I know this is abit late but churnet is always worth heading too in the rain! Nearly every climb at gentlemans and at wrights rock stays dry. I've been at gentlemens in a thunderstorm and still had a full days climbing! However the other smaller/beginner areas may not hold out as much.
 Si dH 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Jams:
They sometimes crap out with condensation though. Always worth checking if someone has some info before heading out!
OP tombeasley 05 Aug 2013
In reply to Si dH: Thanks Guys! didn't make it this weekend due to the rain, I guessed it would be wet. Will give it a try next weekend fingers crossed.
 Pawthos 05 Aug 2013
In reply to tombeasley:

I was there last week - Cottage Rocks and Ousal were soaked through and seeping. The Green Boulders had the odd dry problem - but were mostly wet. Gentlemans rock was very wet at the bottom, but greasy above. In the end, I didn't do anything for fear that I would damage the sandstone.

I think the downpours have been too much for the Churnet for once - I shall avoid it until we've had a good dry spell.
In reply to tombeasley:

It's mainly wet through condensation at the moment.
 Dave Garnett 05 Aug 2013
In reply to stevemarkperry:

The 2 inches of condensation that fell over night won't have helped.
OP tombeasley 05 Aug 2013
In reply to stevemarkperry: Thanks, I think I'll stay away for now then, perhaps better to wait for cooler and dryer weather.
 climber34neil 05 Aug 2013
In reply to Jams: I went to gentlemans Monday befor last and it was all wet, lots of slimy alge all over it, only dry problem was the nose on the far right
In reply to Dave Garnett:
> (In reply to stevemarkperry)
>
> The 2 inches of condensation that fell

And that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...