UKC

keep coming back to these

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
gerainte 04 Aug 2013
Hi

been looking for a "cheap", "beginner" SLR and keep coming back to these, not sure if this is the marketing or whether these are good. Are they good? Is there any real difference between them? Both probably much better than my compact, but if any one has any comments would like to hear them. I usually take landscape and close up.
I have had a brief play with the cannon and the controls did feel a little small.

Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera (inc. 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Lens Kit) £279.95

Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD £289
 The Pylon King 04 Aug 2013
In reply to gerainte:

I keep coming back to these
gerainte 04 Aug 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:
Ta very helpful
 ChrisJD 04 Aug 2013
In reply to gerainte:

We've got an 1100D as a site camera for work. Does the job really well for the money. We went for the kit lens with IS. It is amazing what you can get for £280 (new).

With the kit lenses and these entry level bodies, its really going to be down to taste, feel and whether you want to be a Cannonite or Nikonite....

Also look at the second options for similar money (other threads ongoing).
gerainte 04 Aug 2013
In reply to ChrisJD:
Thanks chris rather more helpful
 Rob Exile Ward 04 Aug 2013
In reply to gerainte: I have an 1100D, I love it - it's a nice weight, and comfortable to hold - and I would have felt a pr*t spending very much more on my first DSLR.

Tip: get a paperback manual - I've got the Rebel T3/1100 Field Guide - and it's great to learn features of the camera as and when you feel like it.
gerainte 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:
thanks for sound advice on the book, will be quite a learning curve for

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...