UKC

NEWS: Lundy - Extended Bird Bans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 london_huddy 04 Aug 2013
As a pulic service:

It may be useful for visitors to know that the annual, well advertised, bird bans on Lundy have been extended this year until at least 19 Aug.

Although there's nothing on the RAD or the Lundy website, there is a notice in the tavern. All the bans which usually run until 01 Aug remain in effect.

We arrived yesterday to discover the news and thought that other might be keen to know.

More at: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68266
In reply to london_huddy:

15th or 19th?

Off-topic and a long shot; I'm going to be on Lundy with my family next week - is there anyone in a similar position who'd like to do a route or two?

jcm
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

19th August according to the BMC RAD, links added to the news item.
 Rob Dyer, BMC 06 Aug 2013
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH: Yes definitely the 19th at the moment - I confirmed this with the Lundy Warden this morning once I heard the news. The date will be reviewed every 2 days with crags being opened if their resident birds have fledged. There is a small chance that the date may extend beyond the 19th August if birds still haven't fledged by then, but that is the best guess for an end date currently.

Cheers,
Rob Dyer
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (England)
 John Alcock 06 Aug 2013
In reply to Rob Dyer, BMC:
Auks were still flying in and out of Stackpole last weekend and there was a fluffy fulmar chick on Deep Space.
 Rob Dyer, BMC 16 Aug 2013
In reply to Rob Dyer, BMC: I've just heard from the warden this morning that some (but not all) of the restrictions have now been extended until the 31st August. Details of which crags are affected can be found on this downloadable map: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/Handlers/DownloadHandler.ashx?id=1083

Cheers,
Rob Dyer
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (England)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...