MONTANE® is a British company that creates technical clothing and equipment for mountainous and extreme environments. Founded 20 years ago, MONTANE® works with leading innovative expeditions to the world’s polar and mountainous regions, supports athletes in climbing, polar exploration and endurance trail running and sponsors the world’s leading ultra-distance endurance events. MONTANE® products are sold through leading specialist outdoor and run retailers in over 40 countries around the world.
As one of the fastest growing outdoor brands in Europe MONTANE® requires a manager to run its busy marketing department.
MONTANE® has an ambitious, dynamic team motivated by a love of the mountains and producing exceptional products. The brand is represented in many territories around the world; it has a head office in Northumberland and a showroom in the Lake District.
The ideal candidate will have a degree education, a minimum of 2 years experience running a marketing department, a keen interest in the outdoors, will be enthusiastic and highly organised.
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will have:
• Ideally a higher education Degree or equivalent in Marketing.
• Two year’s experience running a marketing department.
• A high degree of planning and organisational skills.
• A strong motivation to succeed.
• An ability to adapt and problem solve through clear thinking.
• An enthusiasm for the outdoors and a strong personal interest in mountain sports.
• Strong knowledge of the outdoor market.
• An ability to work closely within a team.
• Good leadership qualities.
• Microsoft office competency and experience of Adobe Photoshop.
• Excellent oral and communication skills.
• Strong ability to network and develop relationships.
• An interest and ability to travel internationally.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Develop full year marketing plans and integrate this with product and sales departments.
• Project manage the creation of all marketing materials including workbooks, swing cards and point of sale elements.
• Critically be able to competently manage a marketing budget.
• Organise and deliver trade show stands and materials.
• Manage advertising campaigns.
• Organise and deliver sales launch events.
• Manage websites and associated content.
• Organise all product photography.
• Run PR programs and liaise with the press throughout the year.
• Liaise and organise with external partners (retailers and fabric brands) new and exciting campaigns.
• Work closely with UK sales department to deliver a world class service for retailers.
• Organise photography shoots and image library for customers.
• Work closely with sponsored ultra races to deliver a maximum experience for entrants and deliver news coverage to customers and press.
• Manage expedition and athlete teams and communicate their achievements.
• Manage news delivery and social media activity.