UKC

Everest Base Camp & Mera Peak

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tivida 06 Aug 2013
Hi all,

I'm off to Everest Base Camp in Nepal on October 11, stopping in Dubai for a weekend before hitting Kathmandu with the intention of starting the trek on October 16th, which allows us two days to get fully organised in Kathmandu.

I'm travelling with three friends who are all doing the trek. I expect it to take 14 days and my intention is to approach Everest Base Camp via the sacred lakes of Goyko and over the Cho La pass. I've been to Everest before in 2009 so am familiar with the area. However we may hire a guide to traverse the Cho La as there are several valleys to get lost in.

After the trek my three friends are heading home but I intend to stay on and wish to attempt a summit of Mera Peak. For this I need a partner, climbing guide, porters and permit so I'm on the lookout for someone who has similar plans and would be keen to come along and also to share costs. The permit alone is $400 and can take up to four people.

Mera Peak itself is classified as a treking peak and is known as a good introduction to high altitude mountaineering. It is 6,400m above sea level.

Anyway I am not always on here but will pop in from time to time to see if anyone is interested. Best way to get me is put a friend request through Facebook -Derek Larney or email me larneyd at tcd dot ie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...