/ chamonix....would you??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Wainers44 - on 06 Aug 2013
So given the forecast, current conditions, etc, would you be looking to embark on any high routes tomorrow (wednesday) out of Chamonix?? Any local words of wisdom appreciated (no its not me looking to get something done). Thanks.
CurlyStevo - on 06 Aug 2013
In reply to Wainers44:
http://www.chamonix.com/weather,11,en.html
http://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-mont-blanc/weather/forecast/evening/6_days_weather_forecast.php

Looking pretty windy and possible thunder storm risk later on. Possibly not high mountain
jon on 06 Aug 2013
Wainers44 - on 06 Aug 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo: thanks to both for the views and the links, much appreciated.
Kelcat - on 06 Aug 2013
In reply to Wainers44: I'm just across the border by the Dents du Midi and Suisse meteo is giving a 'danger' forecast for Weds pm & especially Thurs. Tbf huge thunder storm brewing right now.
Alexandre Buisse - on 07 Aug 2013
In reply to Wainers44:

Not planning to get on anything big before saturday, possibly sunday if there is significant snowfall combined with winds, as seems to have been the case last night.
andyinglis - on 07 Aug 2013
In reply to Wainers44: no point going high till the weekend, and even then with a careful route choice.
Wainers44 - on 08 Aug 2013
In reply to andyinglis: so just hypothetically Mt Blanc from Ag Midi on saturday???
MaranaF - on 08 Aug 2013
We were meant to be over their from today but have put things back to the weekend.

Haute Alps had some major storms last night and that weather window was heading straight towards Chamonix :(
hokkyokusei - on 08 Aug 2013
In reply to DemolitionRed:

It pissed down last night with major thunder and lightning and it's passing it down tonight though not so much thunder and lightning. The cloud base varies between ridge level and roof level in argentiere. Was meant to be going up to the gouter hut this morning but didnt :-(
Wainers44 - on 08 Aug 2013
In reply to hokkyokusei: What do you think the conditions from Ag Midi to the top of Mt Blanc will be like by Saturday?
MaranaF - on 08 Aug 2013
In reply to hokkyokusei: Yep, same here. We had been doing a little rock discovery near Gap and as we drove back through Embrum, the thunder and lightening started behind us, quickly caught up and over took us... quiet spectacular!

Its been pretty bad here today. Rivers are raging and we have had a kayaking death today :(.

On a good note, its going to pick up. Forcast is sunny, sunny, sunny, sunny!!
drunken monkey - on 08 Aug 2013
In reply to Wainers44: if you are in chamonix already id go and ask at the guides office. If the tacul slopes are loaded with fresh snow you might want to avoid for a few days. That place gives me the heeby jeebies
Wainers44 - on 08 Aug 2013
In reply to drunken monkey: no Im asking for someone who is there, has asked at the guides office and seems to think it will be ok. Me im not so sure but then im not there!!
Ron Walker - on 09 Aug 2013
In reply to Wainers44:
There was fresh wet snow on the top of the Aig Midi yesterday and everything plastered on Tacul but not that much below 3600 metres. We heard some big slides, serac collapse as you would expect given the conditions...
ads.ukclimbing.com
hokkyokusei - on 09 Aug 2013
In reply to Wainers44:

Sorry mate dont know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.