The firt BMC WiltonFest is now only 4 weeks away, Sat/Sun 14th/15th Sept. for those who havent put it on their calender
Free tea and coffee all day
BBQ (Black pudding swapped for burgers) and beer sorted for the Sat evening
Prize raffle has got loads of "goodies" in it, thanks to Wild Country, The Mountain Boot Company, Rockover and Awesome Walls (so far). You would be very unlucky to walk away without a prize!!!
Lots of the routes in all the Wilton quarries are very clean and just waiting for you to climb them.
For those comming from further afield, or wishing to camp, plenty of space within the quarry, but please be self sufficient for the Sunday Morning.
Why not come along? meet the "BMC" there will be plenty of BMC officers and volunteers there to answer your questions, point you at routes and debate the grades!!
Lets make it a fun day of climbing
Yes, lots of bouldering to do - all grades from easy to super hard. I'll be there just to boulder, and a few other people are bringing pads too. There are some fun lower grade problems around the prow - I'd be happy to show you around.
> (In reply to robin mueller)
> wheres the scree slope?
Opposite the prow and to the left a bit. Scree is perhaps the wrong word - it's the spoil heap/mud bank which forms the side of the quarry. There's a small clean wall poking out that has a few problems on. The aim is to extend this. I'm not sure what the ratio of rubble to earth is. We'll find out...
In reply to rooroo:
hope no-one is put of by the weather
there will be plenty of food, beer, tea and coffee (you might want to bring a mug)
Lots of excellent prizes in the raffle
Catch up with friends old and new!
I'd like to add my thanks to everyone concerned with providing us with such a good time. The quarry looked in great condition with climbers doing routes all over the place.
Good to see:
- Old friends;
- The amount of cleaning that has gone on - well done Mountaineering Club of Bury, Dave M and doubtless many more;
- Climbers from as far away as Scotland, Spain, France and Yorkshire enjoying themselves;
- Black Pudding barm cakes and beer;
- Mums, Dads, toddlers and babies;
- One of the authors of The Bumper Book of Climbing Fun having a good time and adding to the fun;
- Very impressive raffle prizes (I reckon Derek went home happy!);
- Guys camping overnight - hope you got everything packed away before the rain came on Sunday.
All in all, a great day - I'm already looking forward to the next one! Thank you to everyone who was there.