UKC

Equipment list

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ActionSte 11 Aug 2013
Ive just watched Vertical Limit and am now looking to make a move into mountaineering. Ive got all the basic gear, a wooly hat from boyes, some ski gloves from when i went skiing with school & a disturbing memory from the past which will come back to haunt me & play a key part in my adventures. However I am having trouble finding nitroglycerin, dexamethasone & a helicopter pilot who can get the rotor blades about 2ft from a cliff face. Any help would be appreciated, Im keen to get myself to k2 basecamp for the next big party.

Thanks in advance
 alexm198 11 Aug 2013
In reply to ActionSte: I've got some spare dex lying around that you can have, though I warn you - it does inhibit your dynamic cam placements and your ability to stick those flying ice axe jumps.

Billhook 11 Aug 2013
In reply to ActionSte:

Start taking drugs, wear a bandana, grow your hair and start saying things like"Wow man, thats awesome" and you'll soon be whisked up to Everest base camp as an film extra. From there its a quick jumar to the summit.
In reply to alexm198: Dynamic cam placements for the win!
OP ActionSte 11 Aug 2013
In reply to ActionSte: cheers guys. Just to double check in case i get in any sticky situations on the mountain - Is it standard practise in crevase rescue to blow the shit out of it with nitro? Or is there a slightly less acurate method?
 cuppatea 11 Aug 2013
In reply to ActionSte:

Don't forget! The middle climber of a rope of three should also lead the pitch!
 xplorer 11 Aug 2013
In reply to ActionSte:

Hahaha this is great!
 drolex 11 Aug 2013
In reply to ActionSte: Wowowowow careful here! This movie is a little bit inaccurate. Maybe consider watching Cliffhanger for some advice, and don't forget your bolt gun to shoot the bad guys. I have heard it may be useful for bolting, but meh.
OP ActionSte 11 Aug 2013
In reply to ActionSte: looks like ive been getting it all wrong so far! Ive been pronouncing it "bee-lay" the whole time not "buh-ley". Idiot...
 Gawyllie 11 Aug 2013
In reply to ActionSte: sourcing Nitroglycerin can be a pain, you could always take your chances and see if any of the Exped's already at K2 have any going spare, they will often part with this for exotic cocktail ingredients or solar powered disco equipment (i hear they are looking to make the move from flaming oil barrels to more greener methods)
 Domje 04 Sep 2013
In reply to ActionSte: Love this Ste hahaha!
In reply to ActionSte: A knife, don't forget your knife. you never know when you might need to cut up a side street!
 Derry 04 Sep 2013
In reply to ActionSte:

if you blow up half of K2, say hi to my wife that was frozen up there years ago!
 machine 05 Sep 2013
In reply to ActionSte:
Try the anarchists cook book, Im sure there's a recipe in there for nitro. "smile its the second best thing you can do with your lips" must be the best line in the whole film.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...