UKC

Good last minute holiday deal, help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hey all, I'm looking for a nice last minute family holiday deal for the last week in August, in the sun.

Where should i go to find one? Im not a very experienced foreign holiday maker.
 Owen W-G 11 Aug 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Croatia, fly to Dubrovnik, get ferry up coast to hvar brac etc and back again

Minorca is nice too, nice n small,can get from anywhere to anywhere in under an hour, aim for west end of island
 Owen W-G 11 Aug 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187465-d288111-Reviews-Menorca_S...

We stayed here, great for kids, pools etc, small apartment enough for fam of 4 with kitchenette English tv patio with sunset views, evening ents, tons of restaurants 10mins walk up road, end of the road so nice and quiet not too many English either (u ntil you head up the road!)
on a far off mountain 11 Aug 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: Use www.skyscanner.net or http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/ With the money saving expert one you can put in a budget and it can search for flights anywhere in Europe for that price. Skyscanner does something similar. It's quite good fun working out the cheap places you can fly to and then sorting out a holiday around it Does require a bit more effort than getting a package holiday though!
 Eann 11 Aug 2013
> Hey all, I'm looking for a nice last minute family holiday deal for the last week in August, in the sun.
>
> Where should i go to find one?

Book yourself onto the Dover to Calais car ferry, bundle everyone into the car (with tent and swim trunks) then head for the South of France. It's relatively cheap, and certainly easy. I do it pretty much every July/August...
In reply to Owen W-G: I holidayed in Menorca last year and visited Cuitadella. Beautiful city, would like something different this year.
 Queenie 11 Aug 2013
In reply to Eann:

That's a fair bit of driving if you've only got a week.
 Sam_in_Leeds 11 Aug 2013

Turkey has some nice bits and is DEF cheaper than Spain/Greece etc imo especially with the €
 andy 11 Aug 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: not really my thing, but i get emails from dealchecker.co.uk and they had a 7 night all-inclusive in mallorca for about £200 this week which seems amazingly cheap.
 marsbar 11 Aug 2013
In reply to Eann: I looked at that this year, it wasn't at all cheap compared with flying.
 marsbar 11 Aug 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: Try holiday hypermarket
Graeme G 11 Aug 2013

Salou is lovely, if you avoid the 'british' end. Very developed but really well done. Taragona is an old Roman city nearby. You've also got Port Aventura and water parks nearby.

http://www.thomascook.com/lp/1x6-eo2tgm/holidays-salou/

Tenerife also very good but can be hot as hell in the summer.

Graeme G 11 Aug 2013

PS Avoid Travelrepublic like the plague.
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: thanks all
 Sam_in_Leeds 12 Aug 2013
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

Only an hourish on the train from Barcelona too!
 john arran 12 Aug 2013

We have our big family gîte available from the 24th, in Ariège, where there's stacks of family things to do (think castles, caves, mountain walks, markets, kayaking, birds of prey, etc.) as well as a huge variety of awesome climbing. See http://chezarran.com for more info.

Let me know if you're interested and we could offer a last-minute deal on that week.

John
Graeme G 12 Aug 2013
In reply to Sam_in_Leeds:
> (In reply to Father Noel Furlong)
>
> Only an hourish on the train from Barcelona too!

Or £200 in a taxi......fecking travelrepublic didn't pick us up!

In reply to john arran: ok, im listening....
 john arran 12 Aug 2013
> (In reply to john arran) ok, im listening....

ok look at the calendar for 'Maison La Montagne' at http://www.chezarran.com/calendar.html and if the available dates work for you send me an email either via our website or even via this forum if you prefer. Once we know how many you are and which dates you're interested in we can then let you know what kind of a deal we may be able to offer on a last-minute booking basis.

Cheers
John
In reply to john arran: hmm, dates dont work. Thanks anyway
 ByEek 13 Aug 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: Croata has already been suggested and is amazing but don't end up staying on an island as you will be rather limited in things to do. Be aware that the beaches tend not to be sandy but if you buy some gel shoes, this tends not to be a problem and the snorkelling opportunities are amazing.

For me though, anything Greek is the way forward. Spain and Turkey always seem to pop up on holidays from hell style programmes and are big on high rise monstrosities.
 goldmember 13 Aug 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: its cheaper to book a package than doing everything on its own. I learnt this the hard way, to the sound of 'i told you so.' On the beach is quite cheap.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...