UKC

Seatposts MTB / Road

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Carter 13 Aug 2013
Was after a new fancy 30.9 seatpost for my road bike and was looking at the Crank Brothers Cobalt 11. Any reason why I shouldn't use a MTB seatpost on a roadbike? It's not too expensive (£80) and it seems much lighter for the money than Road seatposts (157g).

goldmember 13 Aug 2013
In reply to Richard Carter: rule 34 may cover this :P
Surely it's just a tube so it doesn't matter that it's for a mountain bike. The Ritchey Superlogic seems to be the closest similar seatpost for a roadbike but that's £140 :-P
 goldmember 13 Aug 2013
In reply to Richard Carter: im bound by rule 2 now...
In reply to goldmember:

Oh stop being silly :-P
Rules were meant to be broken.
 Escher 13 Aug 2013
In reply to Richard Carter: Is the seatpost inline? MTB seatposts often have no setback and road posts do (though not all, you can get varying amounts including none). If you're comfortable with the position you already have will you be changing your saddle position with this new post?
 sleavesley 13 Aug 2013
In reply to Richard Carter: weigh it if you get it! What is published as a given weight and what it actually is can vary by I've seen 42%!

I have a 3T team Doric which reportedly weighs 160g. It is carbon with alloy fixings. It cost me £71.99 from wiggle with the free ten pence haribo.
The paint scheme fits my bike perfectly.

3T is fancy, I love my ergonova team bars (197g reportedly).
In reply to sleavesley:

I'd love a nice seatpost, but no-one (including 3T) seems to bother making them in the 30.9mm size I need :-P
 Horse 30 Aug 2013
In reply to Richard Carter:

Seem to be plenty here

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/seatposts?f=4294965389

Or have I missed something.
 sleavesley 30 Aug 2013
In reply to Richard Carter: I'm with Horse on this where the heck are you looking. There are loads!
 sleavesley 30 Aug 2013
In reply to sleavesley: just to prove a 3t exists for you http://www.wiggle.co.uk/3t-doric-team-inline-seat-post-black-series/ You can get them less than 400mm length too! 30.9 as stated.
In reply to sleavesley:

Ah I made the mistake of looking on the manufacturers website!
In reply to Horse:

Yeah fair enough, didn't look on there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...