UKC

Google maps to Edge 810

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 17 Aug 2013
Anyone know if its possible to grab a cycle route off google maps and send it to a Garmin Edge 810 via Bluetooth 4?
Thanks
 aquazepp 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Indy:
Not quite what you asked for but...

Save the GPX or TCX file to your computer.
Plug the Edge 800/810 in to your computer. Once connected, it is recognized as a USB drive.
Open the "Garmin" folder in that drive.
Find the folder labeled, "NewFiles". Move your downloaded TCX or GPX file there.
Once the file has transferred, you can disconnect your Garmin.
Now turn on your Garmin 800/810. The route should be available in Courses on the device.

rilem 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Indy:

I am no expert but Google saves the route as a KML file. This can be converted to GPX by using -

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input
OP Indy 18 Aug 2013
In reply to aquazepp:
Thanks to both.

As my phone/tablet has BT 4 I was hoping that I could use Google maps "on the go" to send routes to the 810 (coz of larger screen size and extra features) Don't always have the luxury of being at home and access to my desktop.

Anyway having a bit of a torrid time with the 810. Having to manually upload activities via a cable as laptop connects to 810 via BT but GC can't. The iPhone App only works if its reset every time its used and then takes hours to upload the activity to GC. I have speed and cadence but it doesn't seem to be being recorded and to cap it all off did a couple of laps Regents park but Strava won't see any segments as I seem to have done the loops about 15 meters within the park. At the moment the worst Garmin product by a country mile. £515 Hmmmmmm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...