UKC

Breaking Bad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Milesy 19 Aug 2013
Anyone started back on Breaking Bad?

Second episode of the final installment available to watch when I get home tonight!
 The Pylon King 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy:

No, but started on Breaking Bad Wind this morning.
 Shani 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> Anyone started back on Breaking Bad?
>
> Second episode of the final installment available to watch when I get home tonight!

Yep. Will be watching the latest episode sometime this week.
 yorkshireman 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy:

Bought the box set of the first 3 series when I was last in the UK, and just started watching series 2. I'm enjoying it although I would say it was the definition of slow burn and I'm still not sure what I think yet, I have quite a few nagging issues with it. We will see.

Could never be made in the UK. The story - man gets cancer, goes to doctor, get's treated without having to pay 00s of 000s of $$$. The end.
 Fishmate 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy:

Absolutely. The best drama imho above Dexter and Six Feet Under. Interesting conclusion between Hank and WW at the end of episode 9.
 ThunderCat 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Fishmate:

On catchup, halfway through season 4 at the moment.

Loving it.

OP Milesy 19 Aug 2013
In reply to ThunderCat:
> On catchup, halfway through season 4 at the moment.

Better get to the end of the season then! It is a belter!
 goose299 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy:
Just watched last nights episode this morning.
One of the best series out there imo
Can't wait to see how they wind the series up.
 AndyDWilson 19 Aug 2013
In reply to yorkshireman:

It would be more like

Man gets cancer, moves to uk to get treatment from NHS.
 AndyDWilson 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy:

I do love breaking bad thought. Bought series one from hmv one day having not seen any of it before, was told by the assistant that i would be back the next day to pick up season two. I was. And the day after that for season three and so on.
 ThunderCat 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> (In reply to ThunderCat)
> [...]
>
> Better get to the end of the season then! It is a belter!

On it now! Season 4 episode 6 ready to go, and then as many as I can get through before bedtime.

Got to say, I'm quite impressed by Bryan Cranston. I've only ever seen him in Malcolm in the Middle, and I expected his character in Breaking Bad to be a carbon copy...but there's not a trace of Hal in Walter White.

yorkshireman 19 Aug 2013
In reply to ThunderCat:

Goes without saying (I hope) but can people please put a big **SPOILER ALERT** if tempted to give anything away that might spoil if for those of us further back.

I've got a trip to Atlanta on Sunday so might have to watch a whole series in one go
 walkingOn 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy: watching season 5 of breaking bad via Netflix ...
Bit of a pain mind because its on trickle feed !!! I like to crash my tv seasons out quickly
 ThunderCat 19 Aug 2013
In reply to yorkshireman:
> (In reply to ThunderCat)
>
> Goes without saying (I hope) but can people please put a big **SPOILER ALERT** if tempted to give anything away that might spoil if for those of us further back.
>
> I've got a trip to Atlanta on Sunday so might have to watch a whole series in one go

Have you got to the bit where they find the Flying Saucer out in the desert yet? Or are you still on the zombie plague outbreak?

ThunderCat 21 Aug 2013
In reply to ThunderCat:

Well, got to the end of season 4 last night.

Loved it.

Onto Season 5....
 gd303uk 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy: one of the best shows on the telly.
The lawer Saul is one of the funniest characters , he has me crying with laughter.
Check out his spoof site,

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Here is a quote of his,

Saul Goodman: Mayhew. Is that Irish or English?
Walter White: Irish.
Saul Goodman: Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato eater! My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak.

SAUL GOODMAN
Alright, who do we have?
BADGER
Brandon Mayhew.
SAUL GOODMAN
[looking through his files] Brandon Mayhew...alright...Brandon Mayhew...ah, here we go. Public masturbation.
BADGER
What?
SAUL GOODMAN
I don't get it. What's the kick? Why don't you do it at home like the rest of us, with a big flatscreen TV, 50 channels of Pay-Per-View. [looks back at the file] In a Starbucks. That's nice, heh-heh.
BADGER
That ain't me, man! I'm...I was the guy who selling meth...allegedly.
SAUL GOODMAN
[looking through his files] OK, alright, I gotcha. Meth. Right. Sorry, that was a little transpositional error. Nothing that a little white-out can't take care of.

Chris Murray 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy: For my money, BB is the best thing on tv. Just finished the 1st half of the last season on that rip-off box set. Waiting for the next to come out on dvd (so NO spoilers!)

We've watched Dexter, House, BSG etc, but nothing comes close to BB.
OP Milesy 21 Aug 2013
In reply to ChrisMurray:

Thats a long wait... just watch it on netflix. will be cheaper anyway. Avoiding spoilers is too hard. I know people who held off on the last season of Lost and others only to be told or find out what happens.
Removed User 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy:

I got hooked into it after Justified finished and a work colleague recommended it, been a great watch and netflix is perfect for catching up with series like this.
 Blue Straggler 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Removed User:

I have been pondering starting Justified simply cos I like Olyphant and thought Natalie Zea was effective in a few episodes of Hung. Good enough reasons?
Removed User 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Sounds good enough to me, its a great series and very watchable I'm waiting impatiently for the next season. Olyphant and Goggins make for an interesting double act. Its a long burn storyline over the seasons.
 Banned User 77 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy: I need to catch up.. prefer madman though,.. great show.
 Sam_in_Leeds 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Milesy:

Just this morning received the box set of series 1 from Amazon

No spoilers please!
 Blue Straggler 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Removed User:

Flicking through free paper Metro of all places, I encountered a vox-pop interview with Walton Goggins, just a short paragraph from him on each of about 7 favourite films. All interesting choices and all lucidly justified (no pun intended). This alone made me just want to watch the man acting.

I will get some Justified into the DVD player when the nights start closing in. Ta
 ThunderCat 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Sam_in_Leeds:
> (In reply to Milesy)
>
> Just this morning received the box set of series 1 from Amazon
>
> No spoilers please!

Get in lad! I'm jealous of you watching it for the first time

I think because I've watched four series back to back in a short space of time I noticed a slight lull in the early half of season 3. Only slight mind. Series 4 was great.

Let us know what you think.
 Shani 21 Aug 2013
In reply to ThunderCat:
> (In reply to Sam_in_Leeds)
> [...]
>
>
> Get in lad! I'm jealous of you watching it for the first time
>
> I think because I've watched four series back to back in a short space of time I noticed a slight lull in the early half of season 3. Only slight mind. Series 4 was great.
>
> Let us know what you think.

I thought it went off track when 'the plane incident' occured. Apart from that, it's been a solid series. The latest episodes/series continue the quality.
 ThunderCat 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Shani:

About to kick off Season5 now...
 Shani 22 Aug 2013
In reply to ThunderCat:
> (In reply to Shani)
>
> About to kick off Season5 now...

You're about to open a whole can of awesome TV goodness.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...