UKC

OI NEWS: OutDoor 2013 - Rock Shoe Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 19 Aug 2013
The Boldrini Shoe Collection at OutDoor 2013, 4 kbMid-July saw the huge OutDoor Tradeshow descend upon the town of Friedrichshafen in Germany. This is the event of the year for European climbing companies...

One of the highlights for the UKC/UKH team every year is checking out what the rock shoe manufacturers have come up with to improve our footwork, and help us stay on the rock...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5658

Dennis999 19 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Is the sound not working properly for anyone else?
 remus Global Crag Moderator 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Dennis999: working fine for me.
In reply to UKC Gear:

Therewas nothing wrong with the shape of the Solution, why on earth have they not worked on the longevity or robustness of the straping system... Silly.
parberoo 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Dennis999:
I thought that. It's been recorded as two separate channels with much of the talking on the left. I only had a right earphone in and wondered why all I was getting was a load of hissing.
 Dennis999 20 Aug 2013
In reply to parberoo:

Yep, just diagnosed that as the problem myself when I tried listening via speakers and not headphones!
In reply to El3ctroFuzz:

I don't think they're changing the shape. The only thing that looked different was the camo like pattern on yellow rubber. It's still early days though, maybe they'll improve the fastening.
 ripper 20 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: what happened to the rest of Charles Cole's story of his new Stealth rubber? it was just getting interesting...
 RBonney 21 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: Has anyone tried any of the Andrea Boldrini shoes? I'm thinking of investing in a pair of either the lights or the 5's but they are quite expensive so I'm a bit hesitant.
 Steve nevers 21 Aug 2013
In reply to RBonney:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) Has anyone tried any of the Andrea Boldrini shoes?

I did pick up a second hand pair of the apache 5, mainly for the reason you've pointed out,they are a bit bloody pricey!

But anyway, they are a little big forthe given size in terms of volume, also they are about half a size to big for length-wise for me to really give a fair appraisal on a 'performance' fit BUT saying that i've still managed to work Font 6B+/7A indoors and out in them and happily bimbled about on indoor sport up to 6b+/6c as long as the feet hasn't been to thin.

I reckon fitted well they could even work well on thin stuff.

One thing to consider (with the apache 5 at least) is that narrow feet may have trouble getting them snug, and i personally fit the velcro arrangement doesn't offer much adjustment around the bridge of the foot. Mine could be a little 'pre-stretched' by their previous owner, but i've read the micro-fiber Andrea Boldrini use doesn't stretch much. The rubber is good though.

Ellis Brigham seem to stock them now as well as Banana Fingers, So maybe if you have a local-ish EB store pop down there? Might be worth giving them a bell first though, not all the shops hold them in stock, but they will move stock around the stores if given time.

Sorry for the rant, but was trying to give a answer of sorts!
 ripper 21 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: having watched the Boldrini video I do find myself strangely wanting a pair. Not because I think they'd suit me or my feet particularly, more because the rep in the clip could probably sell me just about anything. shallow, I know...

Would still love to hear the rest of the Stealth rubber story though!
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH: O_o, Not sure why i said that, i know they havnt changed the shape! Doing silly little updates are still annoying. All the retail stores have stocks and stocks of solutions, which we now have to get rid of because people expect the updated model...
 RBonney 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Steve nevers:

> One thing to consider (with the apache 5 at least) is that narrow feet may have trouble getting them snug, and i personally fit the velcro arrangement doesn't offer much adjustment around the bridge of the foot. Mine could be a little 'pre-stretched' by their previous owner, but i've read the micro-fiber Andrea Boldrini use doesn't stretch much. The rubber is good though.

That's a bit annoying, I have quite thin feet, but thanks for the reply.

And thanks for the link to the review article.
 Steve nevers 21 Aug 2013
In reply to RBonney:
> (In reply to Steve nevers)
>
> [...]
>
> That's a bit annoying, I have quite thin feet, but thanks for the reply.

i'm planning to go try a brand new pair and compare the fit. Even oversized they are still aren;t bad, makes me wonder what a snug fit would be like.

Boogs 21 Aug 2013
In reply to ripper:

... because the rep in the clip could probably sell me just about anything. shallow, I know...

>Not just me then Ripper ! she could of been holding a couple of wet fish for all I knew .

> Would still love to hear the rest of the Stealth rubber story though!

Yes I'm curious about that too , it does seem to end rather abruptly doesn't it !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...