UKC

Wilton 3 access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
gary30 20 Aug 2013
Took a trip to Wilton 3 to get some low grade Lancashire climbs under my belt with my mate, to find the red flags flying and the range in use. Being a Tuesday I thought climbers had priority. I rung BMC from Wilton to get some confirmation and was told on days that climbers have priority its first come first serve. In other words if the shooters get there first they can shoot. Just thought I would let others know encase anyone else has a wasted journey on a plus side we enjoyed Denham quarry.
 robin mueller 20 Aug 2013
In reply to gary30:

I climbed there this afternoon. Apparently there were shooters in earlier, but when climbers turned up they were happy to leave. From the noises we could hear, I think they just moved to Wilton 2.

aultguish 20 Aug 2013
In reply to gary30:
Quote from the BMC RAD APP with regards to Wilton 3

" On days when climbers have priority, the shooters can use the sites if climbers are not present when they arrive. However, if climbers arrive, shooting must cease."

I've never had any problems with the shooters in the past, their always understanding
 innesmac 20 Aug 2013
In reply to gary30:

Went in there a couple of months ago, and got chatting to the shooters who were fine for us to climb behind them and on slim wall etc. Find that the best way is just to talk openly and friendly to them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...