UKC

Best 2 or 3 man tent/tent deal for under £100?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bradholmes 21 Aug 2013
Hi folks, just wondering if anybody knew of a good deal for a 2 or 3 man tent for under £100, so far the best I can come up with is this:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=we...

Opinions of that tent also welcome!

Thanks in advance.......
In reply to bradholmes: I've got a Wild Country Trisar 2 for sale, it's a far better tent than that Coleman one. =o) http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=560016
In reply to bradholmes:

If you could manage an extra £20, the Wild Country Hoolie 2 is pretty impressive, I was in one in Tiso the other week. Loads of room for a reasonable weight 2 man tent. Good build quality too.

Avoid the WC Zephryos tents, well made, but they are absolutely tiny.

OP bradholmes 21 Aug 2013
In reply to highaltitudebarista: Yeah, I did have a look at it, unfortunately the purse strings are being held by the missus who has ventured several "opinions" on what I'm allowed to spend, hence my hopeful but probably futile search.....
In reply to professionalwreckhead: Cheers, I'll have a look, ou never know, a trawl of t'internet may turn one up slightly cheaper.
 wilkesley 21 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes:

Argos used to sell a tent that was either a copy, or a re-branded Vango Banshee under the Litchfield name. It was about £35. I can't see it in their current catalogue, but it may be available elsewhere.
In reply to wilkesley: Will have a look, cheers.
 Owen W-G 21 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes:

Depends entirely whether you are camping out of the car.

I would recommend Wynnster tents. You wouldn't want to carry it on a backpack though! But they are big and cheap and reliable.
In reply to Owen W-G: I'll have a look, thanks. Should have said, weight is not a concern, this one's purely for use at campsites.........
 Owen W-G 21 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes:

Oh, and I've always bought a 4 man dome tent - sleeps 3 comfortably, spacious for 2, no longer to put up than a 2/3 man dome tent and usually only a tenner more, plus 4 man dome tents tend to be slightly longer in the sleeping compartment so fits a 6 footer like me
 Rob Davies 21 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes: I have a Coleman tent though not that model. Good value and works well. Only consider one of the brands of mountain equipment (Wild country, etc) tents if you will use it in extreme conditions - pointless expenditure for general use camping.
 martinph78 21 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes: Some good deals here:

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/tents/tents-by-brand/vango-tents.html

For car camping I reckon this fits the bill, a bit of room for those rainy days

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/vango-berkeley-400-tent.html
In reply to Martin1978: Cheers.
In reply to Rob Davies: Sort of tempted by the Coleman Cobra 3 now, found one for £80, seems pretty good.
 trueuk1 21 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes: I have that coleman tent, and have too say for the price its pretty much bombproof, have used it in some awefull conditions
OP bradholmes 22 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes: Think I've found a good bargain, Field and Trek have the Vango Banshee for £76 including delivery so if you use Go Outdoors price match, you get it for under £70. Reckon that's what I'll be buying then.......... Thanks to everybody who replied!
moonchip 22 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes:

If you can stretch to £120 I can thoroughly recommend the Robens Atmos from Cotswold Outdoors, rrp £240

VERY light for a two man tent (provided you are good friends LOL) and bomb proof when up, in any weather. Very well made, well thought out

Did I say it was light ? ..... 1.5Kg for a 2-man tent
 knighty 22 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes:

+1 for the Coleman Cobra. Difficult to beat for the price. The best feature is the fact that there is *loads* of length, so if you are tall, no worries! Could definitely fit 3 in it.
 ciaran1999 22 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes:

Coleman Cobra looks like a new version of my friends old Epsilon which is still going strong after ten years. I have a 6 or 7 year old Coleman Phad X2 and can vouch for general build quality!
OP bradholmes 22 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes: Mmmmm, after taking a look at some reviews it seems the Vango isn't going to cut the mustard, since I'm 6'2" and 17 stone. Not sure I'd fit my spaniel in with me, let alone a partner. Back to the Cobra 3 it is! These things are never simple, are they?

martinph78 23 Aug 2013
In reply to bradholmes: If it's for you, the missus and the dog for car camping I'm not sure why you are looking at the tents that you are (flat, cramped and not very practical)?

Surely something with a bit more room (such as the Vango Berkley) or if that's too big, this:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/theta-300-p183856

Enough room to sit up in and a decent enough porch for the wet dog

To be honest I'm looking at the range of tents available for the money and am surprised what's available!
OP bradholmes 23 Aug 2013
In reply to Martin1978: Hi Martin, thanks for the reply, wet dog and wife will be an occasional occurrence, mostly myself and a climbing partner using it. Ended up going for the Cobra 3 since it ticked the two main boxes, easy to get in and out of and roomy enough for two.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...