ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Unusal & interesting routes you must do VD-E2

mav - on 21 Aug 2013
The thread running on routes you must do threatened to get interesting for a while when, before deviating back to 'must do' = 'best', some people began to conflate 'must do' and 'interesting or unusual'.

Lets face it, everyone who lurks and posts here knows the usual routes that get votes for 'best' at a particular grade. But while, for instance, Bludgers or Centurion maybe two of the best HVS's in the country, they aren't unusual - they aren't unlike any other route you have ever done.

So what's out there, and why? To give you four, at least two of which are mentioned on the other thread:
Cuillin Ridge traverse - 11 summits in one day, with rock climbing required. Nowt else like that in Britain
Crypt Route - Bideam - how many other routes require a head torch?
The Chasm - Buchaille - how many other routes come as 'wet-suit recommended'
Monty Python's Flying Circus - Kyloe In - VS 6a anyone?

So what else is there? Are there routes that involve downclimbing, threading chockstones, or head jams? Anyone? It's routes you should do for the 'experience' I'm looking for.
... not showing 77 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums