UKC

La sportiva cobras or pythons?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CallumKX 21 Aug 2013
I've been wanting to get a slipper cus i mainly do gym climbing and i was debating between the two. I heard that the python is a revamped version of the cobras and most say it performs better (?) My problem is my local shop only has the cobras and if i were to but the pythons, i'd be buying it online/ i wont be able to try them on. What do you guys suggest?
CallumKX 21 Aug 2013
In reply to CallumKX: oh and if there is a difference in performance between the two, could you guys please explain?
 Steve nevers 21 Aug 2013
In reply to CallumKX: The fit of the shoe will be much more important then the model, maybe even more so with a slipper because you have no straps/laces to adjust.

Wouldn't worry to much about what other people say is better, you just need a shoe that works for you.
 nufkin 21 Aug 2013
In reply to CallumKX:

Not much in it - you can compare the two here, if you haven't already:

http://lasportiva.com/climbing.html?&L=1&tt_products%5Bproduct%5D=1...

The Pythons just seem to be a bit more hooky with a closer-fitting heel cup. The sizing would probably be the same as the Cobras
weakdave 25 Aug 2013
In reply to CallumKX: Where sells Sportiva Cobras in the UK? Didnt think they did them over here anymore?
In reply to CallumKX: I went through Muiras, then at the moment have a pair of both Pythons and Cobras. There doesn't seem to be much in it for performance, except that the Cobra is so streamlined, and maybe has a slight advantage smearing. However for me the fit of the Cobra is better than any other boot I've come across, but I suspect this is morpho. Going 2.5 sizes down from my training shoe size gives a well filled toe box. The big up for me with these shoes is that I don't get an inflamed or sore Achilles from aggressive sizing.
Consequently, I'm buying up pairs from
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/en/lasportivacobra-p-522.html
Currently selling at 59 Euros
As soon as you've nailed your size in Sportiva, they seem reasonably consistent across Cobra/Python/Muira/Testarossa

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...