UKC

Photo critique please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave 88 21 Aug 2013
 Fraser 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Dave 88:

The main problem with it for me is that it's not an interesting enough silhouette. It seems to be just a 'rolling hill' so there's not enough shape or drama to it, sorry. I'd give it a 2.
OP Dave 88 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Fraser:

Ok cool, cheers mate.....bloody north Wales and I couldn't even find a proper hill!
In reply to Dave 88: The sun has totally burned out a good 1/8 th of the scene, and as the post above says, there's no point of interest in it.
 Brian 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Dave 88: It might have looked better if you had waited for the sun to go down below the horizon.
Flat4matt 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Dave 88:

Can see what you wanted to.achieve but either needed more silouette interest or more exposure in the foreground to create interest. This could have been achieved by the use of graduated filters.
Keep it up mate.
OP Dave 88 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Dave 88:

Cheers for your advice gents, it's much appreciated.
In reply to Dave 88: Do you have photoshop?

Mask the sky and reduce exposure, possibly a grad filter too, and lighten "shadows" in the lower area
abseil 22 Aug 2013
In reply to Dave 88:

Nice photo - better than I could do - but for me there's too much black in the photo, meaning there's little interest in the foreground. As others said, I'd try to get colour/ interest in there next time.

Hope you keep going, and lots of luck!
 chris fox 22 Aug 2013
In reply to Dave 88:

If you waited for the sun to drop into the cloudband it would have given a more dramatic effect to the shot and a softer sky - the thin whisps of cloud would stand out. Also looking at the angle it would have set in the recess between the chimney stack and the roof giving your sunrays streaming across the house. Drop the F-stop to f16 and the sun would have had a "star effect".

Just my 2 pence worth
OP Dave 88 23 Aug 2013
In reply to Dave 88:

That's awesome, cheers all, really helpful stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...