ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - 8a trad/UK women?

The Finnish climbing website Slouppi has just reported the first 8a trad route climbed by a Finnish woman; Anu Korosuo climbed Mustang in Cadarese, Italy. The route looks absolutely superb in the photo of her on it http://www.haukkari.net/2013/08/roadtripping-back-in-cadarese.html I can't remember exactly, but I guess it's only about a decade since the first Finn woman climbed 8a sport.

Anyway - I was racking my brains trying to work out how many British women have done trad routes that are 8a or harder? Ms. Findlay's fine ascents just about everywhere most obviously - but how far back does it go? I don't know the french grade equivalents of the hard North Wales routes that Glenda Huxter was doing in the 90s or the Pembroke routes that Fliss Butler had done before that? Would any of them be 8a? And I'm sure there have been some ascents I forgotten about - trad Yorkshire limestone maybe?

Anyway, congrats to Anu - not only a brick hard route buts such a beautiful looking one too! Cobra Crack next?
... not showing 26 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums