UKC

VF Southern Dolomites Maps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robblowen 22 Aug 2013
We're heading over to lake garda next week and were looking at getting a couple of days via ferrata in. I've been looking online for maps but still not sure whats best. We'll be staying in Riva del Garda so does anybody know how easy it is to find maps once over there? Are there any maps/shops you can recommend?

Thanks in advance, Rob.
 goatee 22 Aug 2013
In reply to robblowen: Maps are readily available in the area. Check out the stunning Brenta Dolomites. Lots of routes can be done from Molvino.
 alexcollins123 22 Aug 2013
In reply to robblowen: Was there a few weeks ago. Didn't see much of Riva, but head into Arco (plenty of parking, free between 12-1400) and there is a massive number of gear shops and places which sell maps, guides etc. All in English or German.

AAAAamazing place. Word of warning though, we tried 'The Hardest VF in the souther dolomites, a 5C in the cicerone guide, and were totally underprepared for it. We backed off but if you aim to do something like that its climbing shoes and gloves territory. Anything 1a-4c grade though was way too easy and I found myself unclipped for a lot of it because it just slows you down.

Looked incredible though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...