UKC

Stretching manboobs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 23 Aug 2013
Any good exercises or techniques for stretching the pectoralis major muscles?
 riddle 23 Aug 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Dead hang will do that for you, unless you have shoulder issues.
OP The Lemming 25 Aug 2013
In reply to riddle:
> (In reply to The Lemming)
>
> Dead hang will do that for you, unless you have shoulder issues.

Sadly I do have shoulder issues. My pecs, man boobs are tight, and I need to stretch the muscle mass. I have worked hard this year but there is still room for improvement.

All practical suggestions welcome
 lost1977 25 Aug 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

if you have a foam roller

youtube.com/watch?v=Zhh2bAPP5kU&
OP The Lemming 26 Aug 2013
In reply to lost1977:

Good exercises. I've been using rolled up towels as a substitute.

Cheers
In reply to lost1977:

Foam roller now on order from Mr Amazon.
 chris j 26 Aug 2013
In reply to The Lemming: I have this as well - my pecs are tight so they pull my shoulder out of position for overhead arm movements which limits my range of motion. Will have to try the foam roller.

Otherwise the mobilitywod on this ukb thread - http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,21759.0.html - on breaking down knotted & tight muscle in the pecs may help with the stretching.
ice.solo 26 Aug 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

if you have the joint and muscle integrity, get yerself some roman rings (or make some substitutes from bits of pvc and old climbing rope).

ring pushup, reverse pushups, pull ups, deep dips etc, all going into a wide grip. can do lots with them.
they are hard at first tho, so tweak the angle etc, but builds good joint integrity and stretches and opens the chest for good range of motion.
go easy for a while.

like clares question, i used rings for 2 lots of rehab (including a very damaged chest) and found them good.
In reply to ice.solo:

I think that I am a long way off from such tomfoolery. I'm only managing a couple of pull-ups at the moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...