/ Oakley prescription sunglasses - which lenses?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gav M - on 24 Aug 2013

Hello all,

I've decided to splash out on some prescription sunglasses and need to choose one of the 10 or so lens options.

My use will cross several of their categories so I'll need to pick which compromise to strike. My use will be:

General purpose
Driving
Mountaineering
Snowsports
Cycling
Fishing / canoeing

I'm interested to know what lens tint other people have chosen and why.

Cheers
Gav
Swirly - on 24 Aug 2013
In reply to Gav M: I got some a couple of weeks ago and, for almost identical use (just not canoeing), went for the polarized ice iridium. My thinking was that I'd be only be wearing them in pretty bright light and as far as snowboarding goes I'd mainly be wearing goggles but wanted something cooler for touring.

So far I've used them for cycling, driving, golf and general purpose and been really pleased. One thing that takes a couple of minutes to get used to is having corrected peripheral vision.

The relatively small extra cost for polarized lenses is a no brainer IMO.
Gav M - on 24 Aug 2013
In reply to Swirly:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I've got two pairs of non-prescription sunglasses - one that are a bit rose tinted, great for the kind of cloudy but bright conditions we often get here. The other pair I bought in Moab for desert use and to be honest I find them a bit on the dark side for use in Scotland.

It would help if I knew the % light transmission for each, might have to take a trip to the lab on monday to measure them.
Gav M - on 24 Aug 2013
In reply to Gav M:

Having spent a while on the Oakley website I'm leaning towards the VR28 Polarised. Anyone using them?
dr evil - on 25 Aug 2013
In reply to Gav M: If you go for the split jackets or similar you can choose 2 pairs of lenses, one for bright, one for dark
Gav M - on 25 Aug 2013
In reply to dr evil:

Do you get 2 pairs of prescription lenses with the split jackets?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.