Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Should I give up running?

Jonathan - on 25 Aug 2013
I started running about 4 years ago, because I wanted to do events like the OMM, as well as fell running and possibly the Bob Graham. I really enjoy fell running and would like to continue with it. As far as road/trail running goes I can take it or leave it.

My problem is in that 4 years I have already had two 6-10 month breaks from running due to injuries to my right knee. The leg is a bit dodgy already from an achilles operation I had about 10 years ago. Today I have sustained another injury to the same knee (outside of knee, ITB I think) while running on flat trails. In the past I've found that fell running seems to cause less injuries, but I'm in Melbourne until December and there are no fells here. I feel like every time I get up to running a decent distance, I get another injury. It's highly frustrating because it's never my muscles or breathing that limits my running, it's always my knees.

I'll go to the physio this week, but obviously I've tried physio, podiatrist etc before and I'm still getting injured. My question is, has anyone else had similar experiences with running injuries and managed to get over them and run injury free for long periods? Or are some people just unsuited to distance running and likely to get injury after injury? Any advice/experiences appreciated.
... not showing 24 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums