/ Climbers Club Old Pembroke Guide Insert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Liam Brown - on 27 Aug 2013
My girlfriend has the old Pembroke guidebook (with the two parts). I was told there was an insert produced for this which gave a lot of routes put up after the book was originally published.

Is this right? And is it still possible to get hold of this?

I appreciate that I could get the new guidebooks, but I would have needed three different books for each of the three days I was there this weekend.

Thanks

Liam
MJ - on 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Liam Brown:

Google 'Pembroke Supplement' and take your choice...
GrahamD - on 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Liam Brown:

There was a supplement guide produced. To be honest I'm not sure I've used it more than once or twice. I'm not sure you'll get a copy these days !
Liam Brown - on 27 Aug 2013
In reply to GrahamD:

Thank you. A handful knocking about at V12 and needlesports apparently. None on ebay at the moment.
MJ - on 27 Aug 2013
GrahamD - on 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Liam Brown:

To be honest I'd save your money and put it towards a new set of guides as and when. It really deoesn't add a great deal to the old red/blue double guide.
MJ - on 27 Aug 2013
In reply to GrahamD:

To be honest I'd save your money and put it towards a new set of guides as and when. It really deoesn't add a great deal to the old red/blue double guide.

I'd actually agree with that, as from what I remember, the vast majority of the routes in it were either in the upper grades and/or in Range West.
GrahamD - on 27 Aug 2013
In reply to MJ:

The rest of it was about "xyx now considered 2 stars" style of thing
ads.ukclimbing.com
pacman - on 28 Aug 2013
In reply to Liam Brown:

The entry for Preposterous Tales was probably the most useful bit of the CC update if you're leading around VS-E1. More info in the database on here or on the Rockfax website if you don't already know about this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.