UKC

Wings of Unreason Roaches Bank Holiday Monday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Theo Moore 27 Aug 2013
Hey, I'm looking for the couple who were taking photos of me on the last moves on Wings of Unreason on Monday. I gave you my email address but I haven't received the pictures so something must have gone wrong! If you see this please contact me at hstmoore@student.liverpool.ac.uk

Thanks.
 Blue Straggler 27 Aug 2013
In reply to hstmoore:

Maybe they just have not got round to sorting their pics out yet.
 gethin_allen 27 Aug 2013
In reply to hstmoore:
Ever considered that sending photos to a random climber may not be their highest priority and that you should be a bit more patient?
OP Theo Moore 27 Aug 2013
In reply to gethin_allen: Have you ever considered that this was just a polite notice trying to correct a mistake that may have been made and that perhaps you'should' wind your neck in?
In reply to Blue Straggler: very true, thanks
In reply to hstmoore:

In fairness to gethin, you could have worded the OP a bit better. You probably think you were writing "Hi, just checking in case there was a typo in my email address" but what gethin saw is what you put in the OP:
"I haven't received the pictures so something must have gone wrong!" which as plain text just looks impatient, especially with the exclamation mark.
If there is any winding-in-of-neck to be done, it's down to you.
In your position I would apologise to gethin as he only really wrote the same as me, just slightly different wording.
 The Pylon King 27 Aug 2013
In reply to hstmoore:

Maybe they haven't sent them off to the developers yet?
 The Pylon King 27 Aug 2013
In reply to hstmoore:

and it was only yesterday!!!!!!
In reply to The Pylon King:
> (In reply to hstmoore)
>
> Maybe they haven't sent them off to the developers yet?

Ooh I like your thinking.
 gethin_allen 27 Aug 2013
In reply to hstmoore:
"just a polite notice trying to correct a mistake"

A polite notice! I'd hate to think what you would type if you was being impolite.

In reply to hstmoore: the photographer took the pictures using his phone and typed the email address in immediately so I assumed he sent the photos immediately and hence I thought they'd be in my inbox.
thanks for the response and him sorting his photos - that's helpful - but this topic is here only so I can try to contact the guy who took the photos, not so other people can unwarrantably have a go at the language I've used in something which is, frankly, nothing to do with them
 ewar woowar 27 Aug 2013
In reply to hstmoore:
>frankly, nothing to do with them

Except it is on a public forum.

;~))
 WJV0912 27 Aug 2013
You are all as thick as pig shit.
 muppetfilter 27 Aug 2013
In reply to WJV0912: What a fabulous frame of reference you must have, to discern its thickness have you actually squished Porcine feaceas between your fingers?
 Bristoldave 27 Aug 2013
In reply to hstmoore:
Everybody calm down! I had the email down as hs2 (like the expensive railway), not hst which is why they didnt send. Hope they come through now

Dave
In reply to Bristoldave:
> (In reply to hstmoore)
> Everybody calm down!

Boooooo! We were having so much fun
 stonemaster 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Bristoldave: Blast! Just pulled up a chair and about to open the popcorn....
 chris fox 28 Aug 2013
In reply to Bristoldave:

Can you upload the pictures onto UKC so we can see what all the fuss was about ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...