/ Camping near Fistral

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Oceanrower - on 27 Aug 2013
Can any of our South West readers recommend a camp site near to Fistral Beach.

Racing down there on the 14th and 15th September and looking for somewhere cheap to stay.

Thanks.
NobbyClark - on 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

Not sure on your age, but my unit stayed at Rosecliston camp site; it's a dedicated 'young persons' site. The staff aren't the best, but the showers are ok, the price is relatively ok, there's a cheap minibus service in and out of Newquay every day and night, and it's pretty close to Fistral.
In reply to NobbyClark: Thanks, but I don't think I'd fit their definition of young. :(
In reply to Oceanrower:

Don't think they're that fussy mate, I think it means more young at heart! It was only last week I was there and the oldest guy in our party is 50. Only other site that I can think of is Hydra. Quite a way out of Newquay, and it's huge!
In reply to NobbyClark: c
Cool. I'll give them a try. I'm not quite 50 yet ;)
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to Oceanrower:

I'll not lie, the reception staff are miserable and one of the fields is a little close to the main road, but it wasn't as noisy with pissed-up teenagers as I thought it would be. Another mild annoyance was the 20 'behaviour deposit', but the shop is ok and does bacon sarnies and pasties and the like!

Camp website:

http://www.rosecliston.co.uk/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.