UKC

Camping near Fistral

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oceanrower 27 Aug 2013
Can any of our South West readers recommend a camp site near to Fistral Beach.

Racing down there on the 14th and 15th September and looking for somewhere cheap to stay.

Thanks.
 NobbyClark 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

Not sure on your age, but my unit stayed at Rosecliston camp site; it's a dedicated 'young persons' site. The staff aren't the best, but the showers are ok, the price is relatively ok, there's a cheap minibus service in and out of Newquay every day and night, and it's pretty close to Fistral.
OP Oceanrower 27 Aug 2013
In reply to NobbyClark: Thanks, but I don't think I'd fit their definition of young.
 NobbyClark 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

Don't think they're that fussy mate, I think it means more young at heart! It was only last week I was there and the oldest guy in our party is 50. Only other site that I can think of is Hydra. Quite a way out of Newquay, and it's huge!
OP Oceanrower 27 Aug 2013
In reply to NobbyClark: c
Cool. I'll give them a try. I'm not quite 50 yet
 NobbyClark 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

I'll not lie, the reception staff are miserable and one of the fields is a little close to the main road, but it wasn't as noisy with pissed-up teenagers as I thought it would be. Another mild annoyance was the £20 'behaviour deposit', but the shop is ok and does bacon sarnies and pasties and the like!

Camp website:

http://www.rosecliston.co.uk/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...