ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Inverted V (Stanage) is over-rated

knighty - on 27 Aug 2013
So, yesterday I had the misfortune of seconding Inverted V at Stanage Popular. For those of you who don't know the climb, it is a VS 4b and is a 'top 50' climb in the Eastern Grit rockfax.

At no point on the climb did I ever feel as if I was actually enjoying the climb. It was polished, sweaty and glass-like. Neither myself nor my climbing partner have ever seen grit that shiny. Now, I know it was a sunny day yesterday, so the grit was not in its best condition, but COME ON! It put the polish on Flying Buttress to shame.

To rub salt into the wound, there was an utterly stupid in-situ thread around one of the chockstones in the large crack at the top. WHY?!

I am suggesting that pretty much any other climb at Stanage would be more worthy of the Top 50 status than Inverted V. I mean, even Gunter at High Neb which has no stars to its name was at least three times more enjoyable.

Chris Craggs, what were you thinking with this?!

Surely I can't be alone in this thinking?
... not showing 85 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums