Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC Fit Club Week 337

mbh - on 01 Sep 2013
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with (or without) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (336) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=561033&v=1

AJM - First Font 7a+, and an E3 lead. Not bad! The pyramid is almost full....Thoughtful, reflective stuff.
Si dH - Good work on Indecent Exposure. A well deserved rest at thew OVal.
mrchewy - Look forward to that weekend.
porkpiegirl - Great to see your spirits up. What a bike ride! How is BB going?
mbh - Just running. I need more variety and some speed work. The world of local fell races has just become apparent to me.
IainRUK - sounds like you've gone in search of hills. 4 weeks to go now.
useful - some good positives there - hang on to them.
mattrm - Good try on the ultra. Hope your HVS buzz continues.
annak- nice, varied week witrh a good sea stack tick. Hope your Dad enjoyed his outing.
NMN - good to see you running again on that ankle.
JimmyKay - Back from Croatia now? Keep up the psyche!
Exile - Good luck with Bears for Fears. Sounds as though you are almost there.
Needkraken - Great attitude and a fun week that has moved you forward. Handy, when a festival is there as a fallback.
Kevster - bad luck on the Stoney onsight. Almost! Have you gone further i the dark side?
Garrouli - Thought we had lost you. Hope the PE training is going well.
Nomics4sale - ANd a great time was had at Pembroke. I like the way you casually slip in a couple of fell races too (I think the second one counts).
Sankey - Progress, progress - you are getting there at Kilnsey.
Luke Owens - Only half of the 7c to go. Good experience (and fun) for you on the different rock, and BIG CONGRATS to the gf.
Chestwig - An E5 and an 8b. Nice work and thoughtful report.
Eagle River - Unleash that child in you! Hope your skin is OK.
grubes - Is in Canada, in case you didn't get that. Have a great trip.
stevemarkperry - Great news about your Monday. So what was it?
Nick Russell - Thanks! Two big ticks for you. The Equator sounds immense. Excellent! Hope the achilles pain is easing.
Ali - Thoughtful stuff with some good positives. Surely all experience is helpful in dealing with run outs, and you got some?
Curious Yellow - How do you lead two routes at once? Good to see you take positives from your weekend.
JOughton - So Jake, did you have a good time, by any chance? Let's hear about it.
Leon - Well done to your wife. One e-point in the bag for you. More coming, no doubt.

Well, lots of inspiring, varied and reflective stuff going on, despite that half of you seem to be moving house.

Where have Northern Clamberer and Jamming Dodger gone? (and anyone else I have missed)
... not showing 69 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums