UKC

the time crunched cyclist

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 03 Sep 2013

Seems to speak to my exact dilemma (Busy job, young family, little time to train) but before I embark on the training regime (which I will likely follow to the letter - its in my nature)what are the pit falls?
rmt 03 Sep 2013
In reply to Removed User: Listen to your body. Know when you're heading into overtraining and actually need to change a few sessions for some recovery so you don't get ill. It's a plan, not the gospel, so don't feel you always have to follow it to the letter or you're probably heading for disaster. That said, you also need to learn when you're just being soft and need to toughen up and get on with that hard interval session in the rain/on the turbo etc.
Removed User 03 Sep 2013
In reply to rmt:

Thanks. I've been doing some tough training for a long time now so I know what to watch out for. Question is, does the TCC regime work?
 ClimberEd 03 Sep 2013
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed Userrmt)
>
> Thanks. I've been doing some tough training for a long time now so I know what to watch out for. Question is, does the TCC regime work?

Yes, for what is says it will do.

It won't work month in month out for a year. Or on back to back cycles.
Removed User 03 Sep 2013
In reply to ClimberEd:
> (In reply to Minneconjou Sioux)
> [...]
>
> Yes, for what is says it will do.
>
> It won't work month in month out for a year. Or on back to back cycles.

So, if I interpret you correctly, it will get me up to a certain level of cycling fitness but I would need to change training in order to maintain that level?
 ClimberEd 03 Sep 2013
In reply to Removed User:

It is very high intensity, so persisting with it beyond a period will lead to overtraining, it's designed for a 3 month boost for a specific event or similar, followed by a significant rest period or changing in training intensity.
Removed User 03 Sep 2013
In reply to ClimberEd:

Thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...