UKC

Which font guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dunnyg 04 Sep 2013
Heading out on friday for 10 days, climbing 6A-7B, havent really been before. Person Im going with doesnt boulder as hard, probably 5/6.

Keen for a mixture of circuits and ups. Everyone seems to be keen for the 5+6 and the 7+8 guides, but getting both is a bit pricey... any other recommendations?
 RANGITOTO 04 Sep 2013
In reply to dunnyg:
After reading:

http://news.v12outdoor.com/2012/06/21/fontainebleau-guides-%E2%80%93-what%E...

I took Fontainebleau Fun Bloc and found it to be very effective.

Enjoy your visit its an amazing place.
 fried 04 Sep 2013
In reply to dunnyg:

The 5+6 guide is excellent, but it doesn't cover the whole forest, so you're going to be at a loss in the trois pignon. I'm not sure if this is true for the 7+8 guide.

I'd go for something cheaper and more general, check out bleau.info and pencil in stuff you want to climb on your topo. Your mate will probably be happy doing blue/red circuit problems at the start.

Bring something to do the forecast is rain fore the weekend.
 chalkyjim 04 Sep 2013
In reply to dunnyg:

Dunny. I've just got back and got talking to a bloke at a crag that is updating circuits. He's got a website which is www.pofableau.com and I found it to be really good.
Have a good trip but don't expect to be climbing anywhere near the top end of your grade.
Jim
 andrewmc 05 Sep 2013
In reply to RANGITOTO:

I also did well with the Fun Bloc book, and also bumped into the author (who seemed friendly) while in the forest!
OP dunnyg 05 Sep 2013
In reply to andrewmcleod: Thanks for the info guys. Will have a good one time im sure!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...