Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Mammut Eiger Extreme boots

damowilk on 05 Sep 2013
Hi,
I'm looking for anyone who has these boots or tried them on for coments on sizing, and how they find them generally.
I'm in NZ, and can't find a stockist to try them on. I had the early version of scarpa phantoms, and liked them a lot, and wished to stick with the same type of hybrid lightweigth super-gaiter boot. When they wore out, I switched to try La Sportiva Baturas, thinking they would have a similar fit to my Spantiks, which are great.
A year on and I don't really get on with them, they have floppy heels and very loose ankle support, I constantly get blisters depsite various sock strategies, and a lot of heel movement.
I have a broad forefoot, but narrow heels.

From what I've read, it seems like the Eiger might be ideal for me, but not sure whether to take a punt on buying blind on such a costly item. It may be a long time before I can get anywhere to try a pair on.

Anyone think they have similarly shaped feet to me, maybe who get on well with scarpa and la sportiva climbing shoes, can comment on the fit of this boot? I'm aware this is a poor alternative to trying them myself.

Thanks
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums