UKC

BMC & Gouter Hut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RobbieT 05 Sep 2013
A friend and I are planning to head up Mt Blanc next week, staying in the Gouter Hut on the way. I'm getting sorted with Austrian Alpin club insurance but wanted to know if they accept BMC membership cards for the discounted bed rates?

Cheers.
 Blinder 06 Sep 2013
In reply to RobbieT: They will not accept ( or shouldn't not accept) your BMC card. But they will accept you Austrian Alpine Club membership card.
 SouthernSteve 06 Sep 2013
In reply to RobbieT:
You can buy UIAA reciprocal rights cards from the BMC which should be accepted in many alpine club huts, but not privately owned ones. However this year it was getting to be right pain to explain and argue for the discount in CAF huts who clearly didn't understand the system despite the fact that it says CAF discount on the back of the card. I suspect too many people have blagged discount with just their BMC card in the past! Unless you are all week in the hut or going for 2 weeks the discount versus cost of the BMC card needs to be considered. HTH SS
 Blinder 06 Sep 2013
In reply to SouthernSteve: But why bother when he is a member of the Austrian Alpine Club.
 leeoftroy 06 Sep 2013
In reply to RobbieT: I was there a couple of weeks ago and they accepted my aac card which gives a very good discount - 50% I think. To be honest I wish I had taken a bivi bag instead as the whole place smells like a toilet!!
 JohnnyW 06 Sep 2013
In reply to RobbieT:

I'm in the AAC, but my pals were BMC, and they accepted them.

Smelt like a toilet? Shame, as I thought it was amazing. We were there the first week it opened, and they did have problems with the toilets blocking.
It was alos chaos downstairs in the kit area, and needs a better system enforcing/developing.
Hope they get it sorted though, as it is a fantastic bulding, and was a million times better than the old one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...