UKC

battered touring skis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zephr 06 Sep 2013
So at the beginning of the year it was pretty horrible going out for a run on Bleaklow because I was just postholing my way around. Bleeding shins, screwed up muscles, the whole sha-bang.

Now, I was wondering if anyone has a pair of deaded touring skis (and ideally bindings) that they have finished with, or are upgrading?

Essentially I just want them for hacking uphill on, the ride down is pretty incidental, so fab skis are not actually an issue.
They will just be used around here, essentially for training on, and never really used for "proper" ski-mo stuff in the alps, or whathaveyou.

ideally something like oldschool Bandiot B2's 165- 173ish.

If not, I'll just go back to bleeding shins when it snows...
 rj_townsend 06 Sep 2013
In reply to zephr: I've a pair of long Bandits with Fritschi bindings that can be yours for £60. I'm up and down the M1/M6 fairly often so could arrange a meet-up.
 top cat 06 Sep 2013
In reply to zephr:

minty condition Fischer Tour Extremes, no bindings, £45 posted FedEx (which will cost me £20)
 blurty 06 Sep 2013
In reply to zephr:

Try the army surplus places, they often have ex-RM pusser's planks.
 Bruce Hooker 06 Sep 2013
In reply to zephr:

I've got several pairs to get rid of but it would mean coming by the Seine-et-Marne to get one (on a visit to Fontainebleau perhaps?). Either that or being near Sussex at some time. The oldest ones date from the 70s but are not damaged. The other two are a bit more recent. I also have a couple of pairs of ski-mountaineering boots (size 43-44) that could go at a very reasonable price. If you think the geographical problem can be solved email me from ukc and I can phone you back any time. I just want to find them a new home with someone who will use them.
paraffin 08 Sep 2013
In reply to zephr:
Shin pads?
OP zephr 08 Sep 2013
In reply to paraffin:

I'm a fellrunner, not an orienteer!
 Pinch'a'salt 08 Sep 2013
In reply to zephr:

Disappointed reading the full OP - from the title I thought the Ben Fong chippy in Fort William had a new menu item...
paraffin 08 Sep 2013
In reply to zephr:

orienteers use bramble bashers.

What you need are cheap skate . . .

skis - more suited to your approach to skiing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...