UKC

Fancy a night at the "most extreme camp site"?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/05/high-di-high-campers-fancy-camping-halfway-up...

I suppose it's an exciting day for people that couldn't do this unguided. Apparently you also get "a day’s climbing tuition thrown in and the instructor brings a safety harness and super-strength ropes."

trouserburp 06 Sep 2013
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Good business idea. Extreme form of people paying to abseil (i.e. get to where you're going to)

Anyone know any bankers who'd get a kick out of washing my ropes?
 Mark Collins 06 Sep 2013
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant: Blimey, one client and you've paid for the ledge and fly. I know I'll have to ask for less money, but I wonder if anyone wants to do this in Anglezarke Quarry!
needvert 06 Sep 2013
Do I detect a hint of arrogance in this thread :P

How many % of UKC do you suppose have been on a portaledge?

I dare say 99.999% of the world couldn't do it unguided...

Likewise 99% couldn't go abseiling unguided.

It's expensive, but of all the things you can waste your cash on (luxury cars, any sort of boat - they're all money sinks, redoing the kitchen)...F*ck that. Go the ledge!

Personally,I reckon being a guide for this could be tough. What do you do when your client who takes a dump multiple times a day wakes up in the night.
 supafly 06 Sep 2013

Where can I buy some of those "super-strength ropes"?
Jim C 06 Sep 2013
In reply to needvert:
>
>
> Personally,I reckon being a guide for this could be tough. What do you do when your client who takes a dump multiple times a day wakes up in the night.

Or when you have couple who want to join th climbers version of the Mile High Club?
 Tony the Blade 06 Sep 2013

Portaledge Party!

I like it.
 Darron 06 Sep 2013

I'm still suffering withdrawal symptoms from being away from the Lovers Leap campsite.........

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...