ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UK's most aesthetically beautiful route

Jon Stewart - on 11 Sep 2013
As a bit of a change from the best routes at whatever grade threads, what are the most beautiful routes you've done in the UK? Some routes are more like art than sport (take from that what you will) - the difficulty just isn't relevant.

I climbed Sinecure at Carreg-y-Barcud again the other day and was struck by how beautiful it was: the setting in its hidden cove, the fantastic colours of the rock, lichens and sea, the sound of the tide sloshing around the rockpools. Also the climbing itself had a kind of poetry to it, it's a flowing sequence of elegant moves the whole way, on rock that has a wonderful texture and holds that seem to want to help you upwards. Quite possibly the most beautiful route I've done.

Here's a photo from the galleries for those poor souls who haven't done the route:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=16489

I could have picked loads of other routes, like Diabaig Pillar or something from Reiff or the Lakes, or West Penwith.

What are the most beautiful routes you've climbed?

... not showing 99 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums