/ Cancel - lara

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Minneconjou Sioux - on 13 Sep 2013

So, any opinions on him bailing on the Vuelta and Chris Horner in favour of his own Worlds interests?
Escher - on 13 Sep 2013
In reply to Minneconjou Sioux: It always happens at the races before the worlds, it's perfectly normal.
Chris the Tall - on 13 Sep 2013
In reply to Minneconjou Sioux:
RadioShack are becoming Trek next year and Fab is the key rider, whilst I don't think they've offered Horner a contract (yet).

He's a big contender for both TT and Road in the worlds and may have stayed on at the Vuelta for longer than he intended (or did he drop out immediately after the TT ?)

I wonder how much of the ToB Wiggo will ride ?
Escher - on 13 Sep 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> (In reply to Minneconjou Sioux)
> RadioShack are becoming Trek next year and Fab is the key rider, whilst I don't think they've offered Horner a contract (yet).
>
> He's a big contender for both TT and Road in the worlds and may have stayed on at the Vuelta for longer than he intended (or did he drop out immediately after the TT ?)
>
> I wonder how much of the ToB Wiggo will ride ?

It'd be great if Wiggo goes for GC, really hope he does, I was quite disappointed how he rode last year. Didn't seem like he wanted to be there at all what with riding in reverse to pick up Cav. Cav rides with much more respect for the fans than Wiggo does (I really like Wiggo so I'm not having a go and his role in the echelon racing across the Fylde on the Lancs stage was good to watch). There's little competition for Cav in a bunch sprint in the ToB but he still tries to win them. Of course there was little motivation for Brad but he could have at least pretended for us fans!

Expect the Peebles stage will be cancelled, the weather looks horrendous, as bad as the Lancs stage two years ago. Hopefully it will have improved on Monday, hope to be in Kendal for the finish.

I suppose the weather and the training not being hard/specific enough may be a reason for Wiggo to drop out early but it's still a bit different to Spartacus dropping out for the last 3 summit finishes in Spain. Martin looked extremely strong too so I think Wiggo is going to have to look motivated in ToB in order to show his hand. His two rivals look in top form and typical Wiggo fannying about is going to play on their minds much!

The TT should be an epic watch and the RR equally fascinating. Really looking forward to both.

Cancellara did a great job for Horner and I think almost certainly stayed in longer than he would have done otherwise. Was good to see.
Minneconjou Sioux - on 13 Sep 2013
In reply to Escher:
> (In reply to Minneconjou Sioux) It always happens at the races before the worlds, it's perfectly normal.

Yes, I get that, but with Horner so close to taking the win he could do with the help.

FWIW I would do what Cancellara has and I expect Chris Horner doesn't begrudge his decision.
johncoxmysteriously - on 13 Sep 2013
In reply to Minneconjou Sioux:

Aren't these things the team manager's decision? These people are paid, right? They can't withdraw of their own accord any more than Wayne Rooney can - or doesn't it work like that?

jcm
ads.ukclimbing.com
The New NickB - on 13 Sep 2013
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:
> (In reply to Minneconjou Sioux)
>
> Aren't these things the team manager's decision? These people are paid, right? They can't withdraw of their own accord any more than Wayne Rooney can - or doesn't it work like that?
>
> jcm

My understanding is that these things are agreed and planned in advance, with a bit of flexibility built in to account good/bad results and feedback from the rider.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.